Author Topic: CNN Runs Segment Proving Gun Violence is Down  (Read 304 times)

rangerrebew

CNN Runs Segment Proving Gun Violence is Down
« on: June 18, 2014, 08:57:32 am »

CNN Runs Segment Proving Gun Violence is Down

By Onan Coca   / 18 June 2014   / 0 Comments   

CNN’s Jake Tapper is one of the more fair reporters working in today’s charged media world. He has been beaten up by both the left and the right for his dogged reporting -- and that’s usually a sign that a reporter can be trusted.

One of his latest reports was on gun control advocates’ laughable claims that gun violence and mass shootings are worse today than ever before.

Fortunately for us, this gun paranoia is demonstrably FALSE. Gun Violence is actually down dramatically in recent years, and the data on mass shootings seems to show that occurrences have remained remarkably stable over the 30 or so years.

Tapper interviewed Professor James Allen Fox, a Criminology Professor from Northeastern University. Professor Fox has done some very important research on gun violence in America and is considered one of the foremost authorities on the subject.

The best bit of the interview comes near the end when Tapper asks the obvious and most important question.

TAPPER: To stop these, what does society need to do?

defend freedomFOX: Well, if you want to stop them, there's things we can do, but I don't think we will do them. I mean, do we – are we going to eliminate private ownership of handguns? I doubt it. Are we going to round up and arrest everyone who looks a little bit bizarre, or has – or wears black clothing, or has a scary Facebook page? I doubt it.

You see, we treasure our personal freedoms in America, and unfortunately, occasional mass shootings – as horrific as they are – is one of the prices that we pay for the freedoms that we – that we enjoy. I don't want to minimize the pain and suffering of the victims and their families and those communities. They're horrific. But it's not an epidemic. Let's not go in a knee-jerk way, and – and change the society for something that happens very rarely.

What an incredibly powerful and true statement.

You see, we treasure our personal freedoms in America, and unfortunately, occasional mass shootings – as horrific as they are – is one of the prices that we pay for the freedoms that we – that we enjoy.

This is what America is supposed to be all about.

When President Obama says that we can have freedom and safety – he is being disingenuous. We can have relative safety or relative freedom, but we cannot truly have both together. For overwhelming safety, the government would have to crack down on our freedoms. For overwhelming freedom, we would have to be willing to risk our own safety. It is the nature of freedom.

How can we truly be free if our government was actually able to protect us from all danger? It would be impossible.

Kudos to CNN and Jake Tapper for being willing to report what their liberal viewers won’t like. And thanks to Professor Fox for clearly stating this powerful truth.

Read more at http://eaglerising.com/6827/cnn-runs-segment-proving-gun-violence/#OOYE7JLSqF5ofFmr.99

Offline GourmetDan

Re: CNN Runs Segment Proving Gun Violence is Down
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2014, 01:43:47 pm »

Gun Violence is actually down dramatically in recent years, and the data on mass shootings seems to show that occurrences have remained remarkably stable over the 30 or so years.

I'm sure the administration and the media are working hard to make sure that perceptions don't match reality...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan