• Owner
  • Administrator
« on: June 17, 2014, 03:00:02 PM »

Support the USO

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2014, 03:11:11 PM »
There are no good guys left in Iraq.  What DiFi is proposing is what has been described as "acting as Iran's Air Force".  As irrational as it may sound, Obama has gotten the US into the position of being allied with our former enemy, Iran, against one of our former strongest allies, Saudi Arabia, with all of it taking place next to and within the borders of Syria, who is embroiled in the fourth year of their civil war.

The time for direct action was back when Obama walked away from a failed SOFA in Iraq and began the long slide to where we are now.

What you are seeing in Iraq right now is what can be accurately described as the "Joe Biden Doctrine".  Biden pushed the idea of partitioning Iraq from the beginning, and his many comments on this subject are but one of the foreign policy opinions former Defense Secretary Bob Gates described Biden as being wrong about over the last forty years.

The next thing to watch out for is the Turkish Army to descend upon Kurdish Iraq as soon as they declare themselves an independent Kurdish Republic.  Turkey will not stand for it as they consider all Kurds to be terrorists and they will move against Turkish and Iraqi ethnic Kurds with extreme prejudice.

:smokin:
« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 03:12:05 PM by Chieftain »

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • TBR Illuminati
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2014, 04:24:52 PM »
"I think it's most important that the Maliki government be replaced, and that includes Mr. Maliki with a reconciliation government," she said. "Based on all I've heard, read and know, Mr. Maliki is not able to bring about reconciliation in that country.

Oh yes, I'm quite sure they have the time and resources to set up an election for his replacement right now.

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2014, 04:32:03 PM »

Feinstein?  Isn't she uh, er, never mind...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf