Author Topic: Harry Reid Pledges to Boycott Washington Redskins Games  (Read 651 times)

rangerrebew

Harry Reid Pledges to Boycott Washington Redskins Games
« on: June 17, 2014, 03:56:33 pm »
Harry Reid Pledges to Boycott Washington Redskins Games

Author:  Alexa Coombs

Posted: June 17, 2014

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid has rejected an invitation from the team president to attend a “Washington, D.C. football team event,” aka a Washington Redskins home game.

After Reid and 49 other Senate Democrats signed a letter to NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell asking the league to change the team name, Redskins President Bruce Allen defended the name and invited Reid to attend a home game to “witness first-hand that the Washington Redskins are a positive, unifying force for our community in a city and region that is divided on so many levels.”

Reid wrote back:

Dear Mr. Allen:

I received your letter and invitation to attend a Washington, D.C. football team event.

During my time in the United States Senate, I have worked to right many of the injustices endured by Americans throughout the country. Among the most egregious in the history of our country are those injustices inflicted upon American Indians, Alaska Natives, and Native Hawaiians. This is personal for me. I represent 27 tribes as the Senator from Nevada and have worked to protect their homelands and their sovereignty. I have a duty to ensure that the United States uphold centuries-old treaty and trust obligations towards Native Americans, and I take this responsibility very seriously.

I will not stand idly by while a professional sports team promotes a racial slur as a team name and disparages the American people. Nor will I consider your invitation to attend a home game until your organization chooses to do the right thing and change its offensive name.

Sincerely,

Harry Reid

H/T: Washington Examiner

“I will not stand idly by…” Hmmm, you mean like you did the previous 70+ years of your life before an 81-year-old team name became your pet project only a few short months ago, Harry? How about the 7 years you’ve been Senate Majority Leader, and 27 years a U.S. Senator, apparently it was okay to stand idly by then. There are many reasons to refuse tickets to a Redskins game, but this is one of the dumbest.

http://www.thepoliticalinsider.com/harry-reid-pledges-boycott-washington-redskins-games/
« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 03:57:18 pm by rangerrebew »

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Re: Harry Reid Pledges to Boycott Washington Redskins Games
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2014, 04:41:13 pm »
This is not about racism. It has nothing to do with American Indians.

This is all about submission. They used to say that "no one is above the Law". But now we know that, that is in no way true. Congress, Obama, and Government ignore, change, simply dismiss 'Law' all the time.

What Ried wants to prove is that no one is above Government. What he wants is submission to his will.

He wants everyone to know that if the Government wants your land, they will take it. If the Government wants your property, they will take it.

And if the Government says you have to rename your business on some halfwit whim, then by God you will do it.

This is not about racism, just like the wedding cake baker was not about a cake, this is about total submission to the whims of whatever "the Government" tells you to do.

Sieg Heil! Seig Heil! Seig Hiel!
« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 04:43:50 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

rangerrebew

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2014, 04:47:01 pm »
I represent 27 tribes as the Senator from Nevada and have worked to protect their homelands and their sovereignty. I have a duty to ensure that the United States uphold centuries-old treaty and trust obligations towards Native Americans, and I take this responsibility very seriously.

I wonder why it took ole Har so long to get around to objecting to this "racist" name?  I guess he didn't take his "responsibility" seriously before he did take it "responsibly." :thumbsdown:
« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 04:48:12 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline evadR

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2014, 06:07:52 pm »
So, this means Dingy WON'T be at the games.

Thank you, thank you and thank you.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2014, 06:11:30 pm »
So, this means Dingy WON'T be at the games.

Thank you, thank you and thank you.

I agree! One place you can go without fear of seeing the POS! Except for the fact that he lies that is!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2014, 07:18:49 pm »
Pure Harry Reid bullshit.  When was the last time Harry Reid attended ANY NFL game, much less a Redskins home game??

This means as much as his statement that he was the only person in Congress who was briefed in advance about the Taliban Dream Team transfer.

:smokin:

rangerrebew

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2014, 09:52:16 pm »
Pure Harry Reid bullshit.  When was the last time Harry Reid attended ANY NFL game, much less a Redskins home game??

This means as much as his statement that he was the only person in Congress who was briefed in advance about the Taliban Dream Team transfer.

:smokin:

Bullshit is much better smelling and looking than Reid.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 09:52:38 pm by rangerrebew »

Oceander

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2014, 10:09:43 pm »
Bullshit is much better smelling and looking than Reid.

:happyhappy: