Author Topic: U.S. captures Benghazi suspect in secret raid  (Read 556 times)

Offline flowers

U.S. captures Benghazi suspect in secret raid
« on: June 17, 2014, 03:46:22 pm »
http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/us-captured-benghazi-suspect-in-secret-raid/2014/06/17/7ef8746e-f5cf-11e3-a3a5-42be35962a52_story.html

U.S. Special Operations forces captured one of the suspected ringleaders of the terrorist attacks in Benghazi in a secret raid in Libya over the weekend, the first time one of the accused perpetrators of the 2012 assault has been apprehended, according to U.S. officials.

The officials said Ahmed Abu Khattala was captured Sunday near Benghazi by American troops, working alongside the FBI, following months of planning, and was now in U.S. custody “in a secure location outside Libya.” The officials said there were no casualties in the operation, and that all U.S. personnel involved have safely left Libya.

Khattala’s apprehension is a major victory for the Obama administration, which has been criticized for having failed so far to bring those responsible for the Benghazi attacks to justice.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 03:47:18 pm by flowers »

Offline flowers

Re: U.S. captures Benghazi suspect in secret raid
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2014, 03:49:56 pm »
Just in time to take all other things off the front pages AND tell the LIV's that they caught the guy who was responsible for Benghazi. See now the special committee can be disbanded. Obama has found the bad guys and we can all move on from Benghazi!  :whistle:

Offline flowers

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2014, 03:51:27 pm »
I wonder how long they knew where this guy was and ready to trot him out. I also wonder what this guy did to piss off Valjar to get outed?

Offline flowers

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2014, 03:52:00 pm »
Is this the same guy that was doing interviews about Beghazi to anyone who would talk to him?

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/cnn-we-were-able-interview-lead-benghazi-suspect-2-hours_742347.html
« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 03:58:09 pm by flowers »

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2014, 03:56:55 pm »
Would it surprise anybody in here if the guy ends up essentially claiming..."The video made me do it!"?

As Yoda might say, "Huma's reach.  Far it is!"

Sorry...my cynicism knows no bounds with this gang.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2014, 03:58:54 pm »
I wonder how long they knew where this guy was and ready to trot him out. I also wonder what this guy did to piss off Valjar to get outed?

You can always tell when Obama's poll numbers are low..he always magically pulls a rabbit out of the hat.....just in time for the Benghazi hearings too...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2014, 03:59:13 pm »
He must be the only guy in Libya who actually watched Hillary's video. That is how they tracked him down.

But yeah, now the American media will turn him into the "Beghazi is over" poster boy. They caught one guy, 2 years later, Whoopie!!!

Boy! We really gave it to them! Didn't we?

I would bet a week of pay that nothing, nothing at all, not one single thing, will happen to him. They will just kidnapped an American somewhere, and get him right back.

If you are a Leftist American idiot moron, this is a win-win. Not only did you capture the bad guy, but you also rescued an American hostage.

Again, 'whoopie!!'
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline flowers

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2014, 03:59:53 pm »

Sorry...my cynicism knows no bounds with this gang.
  yep!

Offline flowers

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2014, 04:06:15 pm »
One more thing.....Hillary is doing a live interview on Fox tonight was this  one of the things that she and obama spoke about at that white house lunch? he told her we will drag out this guy if he needs a distraction,  and give you a heads up right before you go on FOX? 

Offline flowers

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2014, 04:08:57 pm »
Abu Khattala was captured just south of Benghazi and according to sources “he didn’t know what hit him”.  There was no firefight and no issues with his capture.   A small Special Forces team with one FBI agent took part in the mission and Khattala is currently being held on a U.S. Navy ship sailing back to the United States.

Presdent Obama approved the mission on Friday.

Khattala has a sealed criminal complaint and will be tried in US courts. A concern is that the judge may want to see him presented ASAP and they are taking their time bringing him back on the U.S. Naval ship.

Khattala was named early on as one of the possible ringleaders in the September 11th attack. As the New York Times reported, just days after President Obama reasserted his vow to bring those responsible for the attack to justice, Khattala was spotted at a luxury hotel enjoying a strawberry frappe on a patio and dismissing threats from American and Libyan governments.

http://www.thedailybret.com/