Author Topic:  (Read 254 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• America defending Veteran
  • TBR Contributor
« on: June 17, 2014, 08:13:56 AM »
"Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, religion and morality are indispensable supports. In vain would that man claim tribute to patriotism who should labor to subvert these great pillars of human happiness -- these firmest props of the duties of men and citizens. . . . reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principles."
George Washington

"Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become more corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters."
Benjamin Franklin

Offline Fishrrman

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2014, 10:11:57 PM »
OK, all you "immigration reform" folks, step up to the plate.

How many pages of "immigration reform laws" will it take to stop this?
  Will it take a bill 20 pages long?
  A bill 100 pages long?
  A bill 1,000 pages long?

What difference will ANY kind of immigration "reform" make, when the federal government has effectively erased the southern border, and is has encouraged as many children (and adults) who can get over the border to "come on in" ??

It ought to be apparent that trying to "reform" immigration is pointless, particularly when the people "in charge" of the border no longer seem to care whether others cross it or not. Regardless of what "reform" Congress might pass, the left has no intention of enforcing any meaningful control at the southern border again.

There is only one kind of immigration reform that can now be effective between Mexico and the USA.
That's a concrete "border barrier" about 30 feet high, from the Gulf to the Pacific. With sufficient air, land and sea patrols to prevent anyone from getting through.

Don't say it "can't be done". The East Germans did an effective job with the Berlin Wall while it stood. I was there, looked over it at the Stasi rolling by in their vehicles, crossed through The Wall myself. It worked. Not many got across it.

Build a real border first.
Make it work.
Make the rest of the hemisphere south of us understand that it is going to remain standing.
Then, and ONLY then, perhaps we can talk about "reform".

Reminds me of an old song by The Kingston Trio:
  My heaven is so high, you can't get over it
  So low, you can't get under it
  So wide, you can't get around it
  You must come in at the door.

Until we establish that "door" that we can control at the southern border, we face an inundation which will doom us...
« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 10:23:43 PM by Fishrrman »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf