Author Topic: US-made Stinger missiles have likely fallen into ISIS hands, officials say  (Read 2268 times)

Offline flowers

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2014/06/16/us-made-stinger-missiles-have-likely-fallen-into-isis-hands-officials-say/

U.S. officials with access to the latest U.S. intelligence on Iraq told Fox News it "appears likely/probable" that U.S.-made Stinger missiles have fallen into the hands of Sunni insurgents.

It is possible that the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) fighters acquired them from army bases they have taken over in recent days, the sources said.

The Stinger missile is a shoulder-fired surface-to-air weapon that is used against aircraft.

As ISIS forces have advanced through Iraq, concerns have increased that more U.S.-made weaponry could fall into the hands of the radical group.

Iraqi intelligence officials said ISIS fighters managed to take control of two big weapons depots late last week holding some 400,000 items, including AK-47 rifles, rockets and rocket-propelled grenades, artillery shells and mortars. A quarter of the stockpiles were quickly sent to Syria in order to help the group's comrades there, they said.

Also last week, according to a report from the West Point Combating Terrorism Center, the ISIS "now possesses scores of Iraqi military equipment originally provided by the United States, from Humvees and cargo vehicles to small arms."

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Yeah..Fox is reporting that ISIS now has stingers..possibly shot down the Iraqi chopper with one..
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Anyone like to make a guess as to when and where ISIS got hold of those stinger missiles?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
Anyone like to make a guess as to when and where ISIS got hold of those stinger missiles?

Exactly.  How long have they had these??  Since Libya fell.  Remember that right before the attack on Benghazi, some dickhead on Syrian soil shot down a Turkish RF-4C photo-recon aircraft.  We never did hear whose shoulder fired missile it was, but there was little doubt at the time that it likely came from one of Kadaffy's secret stashes, which is what Chris Stevens was likely facilitating on behalf of and at the direction of the Hildebeest.

SPQR

The U.S Army and Marines. Stinger missiles are only issued to those two branches

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Exactly.  How long have they had these??  Since Libya fell.  Remember that right before the attack on Benghazi, some dickhead on Syrian soil shot down a Turkish RF-4C photo-recon aircraft.  We never did hear whose shoulder fired missile it was, but there was little doubt at the time that it likely came from one of Kadaffy's secret stashes, which is what Chris Stevens was likely facilitating on behalf of and at the direction of the Hildebeest.

B I N G O ! ! !

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

SPQR

The U.S Army and Marines. Stinger missiles are only issued to those two branches in Iraq

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=av2BzaXF6lg
« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 12:48:25 am by Trigger »

SPQR

B I N G O ! ! !

Thanks for reminding me but they could of easily been acquired in Iraq.

U.S. officials with access to the latest U.S. intelligence on Iraq told Fox News it “appears likely/probable” that U.S.-made Stinger missiles have fallen into the hands of Sunni insurgents.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2014/06/report-isis-rebels-shoot-down-iraqi-helicopter-with-us-stinger-missiles/
« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 12:53:50 am by Trigger »

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Thanks for reminding me but they could of easily been acquired in Iraq.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2014/06/report-isis-rebels-shoot-down-iraqi-helicopter-with-us-stinger-missiles/

I seriously doubt that they would have been all that easy to acquire in Iraq but in Libya we were basically giving them to Syrian Rebels (AKA ISIS)

- J. R. R. Tolkien

SPQR

I seriously doubt that they would have been all that easy to acquire in Iraq but in Libya we were basically giving them to Syrian Rebels (AKA ISIS)

ISIS is raiding Iraqi army depots that we built for them. For all we know, Iraqi soldiers are giving away these items. There is no doubt that that ISIS is using American made weapons against us. Do not be surprised a "Made in America" label on the launcher.

« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 01:12:25 am by Trigger »

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
ISIS is raiding Iraqi army depots that we built for them. For all we know, Iraqi soldiers are giving away these items. There is no doubt that that ISIS is using American made weapons against us. Do not be surprised a "Made in America" label on the launcher.

Yes but I seriously doubt that the Iraqi army HAS stingers to begin with!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

SPQR

Yes but I seriously doubt that the Iraqi army HAS stingers to begin with!

You may want to take a look at this Fox News dated today:

U.S. officials with access to the latest U.S. intelligence on Iraq told Fox News it "appears likely/probable" that U.S.-made Stinger missiles have fallen into the hands of Sunni insurgents.

It is possible that the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) fighters acquired them from army bases they have taken over in recent days, the sources said.

The Stinger missile is a shoulder-fired surface-to-air weapon that is used against aircraft.

As ISIS forces have advanced through Iraq, concerns have increased that more U.S.-made weaponry could fall into the hands of the radical group.

Iraqi intelligence officials said ISIS fighters managed to take control of two big weapons depots late last week holding some 400,000 items, including AK-47 rifles, rockets and rocket-propelled grenades, artillery shells and mortars. A quarter of the stockpiles were quickly sent to Syria in order to help the group's comrades there, they said.

Also last week, according to a report from the West Point Combating Terrorism Center, the ISIS "now possesses scores of Iraqi military equipment originally provided by the United States, from Humvees and cargo vehicles to small arms.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2014/06/16/us-made-stinger-missiles-have-likely-fallen-into-isis-hands-officials-say/
« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 01:29:05 am by Trigger »

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
You may want to take a look at this Fox News dated today:

I agree with everything in that news report EXCEPT the inference that the Stingers were acquired via IRAQI army base take overs.  I continue to seriously discount that possibility!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

SPQR

I agree with everything in that news report EXCEPT the inference that the Stingers were acquired via IRAQI army base take overs.  I continue to seriously discount that possibility!

Who built those army bases we did. ISIS and Iraqi Army sympathizers knew where the missiles were being stored. Now they will be heading toward Iran,the Taliban and possibly Hamas.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 02:04:50 am by Trigger »

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Who built those army bases we did. ISIS and Iraqi Army sympathizers knew where the missiles were being stored. Now they will be heading toward Iran,the Taliban and possibly Hamas.

Israel should equip with flares and chaff on all aircraft.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

SPQR

Israel should equip with flares and chaff on all aircraft.

That is standard equipment in all Israeli aircraft but its not fool proof.The Apache helicopter and jet aircraft has been called a flying tanks due to its array of weapons. Countermeasures, laser warning system, radar jammer and chaff dispensers.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 03:04:39 am by Trigger »

Offline evadR

Why is that Bigun?
Just askin'.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Why is that Bigun?
Just askin'.

Most of them are probably from Libya. Upwards of 100,000 US supplied Stingers are unaccounted for there, and they certainly weren't used up during the revolution and ongoing fighting.

Stingers are very good at what they do - taking down aircraft - but they are not that good for anything else really. You can use them to open the door or take out armor, with a bit of luck and skill, but they aren't really meant for it and the exhaust plume lights your position up like a beacon.

The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

SPQR

Why is that Bigun?
Just askin'.

I disagree. Every single report I am reading says the same thing. Stingers were taken from depots. Why would they lie or make up that report? Here is another report saying the same thing

http://www.whitehousedossier.com/2014/06/16/iraqs-islamist-rebels-stinger-missiles/
« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 04:54:46 am by Trigger »

SPQR

I disagree. Every single report I am reading says the same thing. Stingers were taken from depots. Why would they lie or make up that report? Here is another report saying the same thing

http://www.whitehousedossier.com/2014/06/16/iraqs-islamist-rebels-stinger-missiles/

Here is another one...

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Military/2014/0616/Pentagon-moves-USS-Mesa-Verde-nearer-Iraq.-What-can-it-do

SPQR

Back in 2013 Syrian Islamic rebels screaming “Allahu Akbar!” shot down a helicopter using US stinger missiles.
The Islamists are using US weapons to attack American allies.

U.S. officials with access to the latest U.S. intelligence on Iraq told Fox News it “appears likely/probable” that U.S.-made Stinger missiles have fallen into the hands of Sunni insurgents.

Today ISIS rebels shot down an Iraqi helicopter outside Fallujah.
 They likely used a US Stinger missile.
IBT reported:
A helicopter belonging to the Iraq army has been shot down near Fallujah, during fighting between government forces and militants from ISIS – the Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant. The news broke just hours after the Iraqi military released footage of airstrikes against ISIS positions north of Baghdad and boasted it had “regained the initiative” against the militants.

There are also reports the terrorists have seized the key city of Tal Afar, which sits on the main road between Mosul and the Syrian border. Unlike most of the other cities seized in recent days Tal Afar has a substantial Shia population.

« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 05:09:25 am by Trigger »

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.

One word. Benghazi.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

SPQR

One word. Benghazi.

A Depot Somewhere in Iraq

Back in 2013 Syrian Islamic rebels screaming “Allahu Akbar!” shot down a helicopter using US stinger missiles.
The Islamists are using US weapons to attack American allies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-sOtFyTmqc

Today ISIS rebels shot down an Iraqi helicopter outside Fallujah.
 They likely used a US Stinger missile.
IBT reported:
A helicopter belonging to the Iraq army has been shot down near Fallujah, during fighting between government forces and militants from ISIS – the Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant. The news broke just hours after the Iraqi military released footage of airstrikes against ISIS positions north of Baghdad and boasted it had “regained the initiative” against the militants.

There are also reports the terrorists have seized the key city of Tal Afar, which sits on the main road between Mosul and the Syrian border. Unlike most of the other cities seized in recent days Tal Afar has a substantial Shia population.

« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 05:20:59 am by Trigger »

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
One word. Benghazi.

Whoops! There it is!

The media STILL coverin the anointed ones A$$!

That and the fact that that neither the U.S. Army OR the U.S. Marines would have not one legitimate reason to EVER equip the Iraqi army with such a weapon (MANPADS)! Not one!

They came from Libya! Specifically Benghazi Libya in fact via Turkey into Syria but you gullible types go right on believing these media fairy-tails if you wish!
« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 05:54:45 am by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien