Author Topic: BREAKING>>>>Obama Is Sending 275 US Troops To Iraq  (Read 1090 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
BREAKING>>>>Obama Is Sending 275 US Troops To Iraq
« on: June 16, 2014, 10:40:31 pm »
http://www.businessinsider.com/obama-is-sending-275-us-troops-to-iraq-2014-6

Obama Is Sending 275 US Troops To Iraq

Hunter Walker

10 minutes ago

President Barack Obama is sending 275 U.S. troops to Iraq to "provide support and security for U.S. personnel and the U.S. Embassy in Baghdad" in the wake of territorial gains made by the jihadist group the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIS.)

Obama announced the decision in a letter Monday sent to Speaker of the House John Boehner and President Pro Tempore of the Senate Patrick Leahy in which he notified them of the deployment as required by the War Powers Resolution.

"Starting on June 15, 2014, up to approximately 275 U.S. Armed Forces personnel are deploying to Iraq to provide support and security for U.S. personnel and the U.S. Embassy in Baghdad," wrote Obama. "This force is deploying for the purpose of protecting U.S. citizens and property, if necessary, and is equipped for combat. This force will remain in Iraq until the security situation becomes such that it is no longer needed."

In a statement from the White House Friday, Obama said he was considering a variety of options to deal with the escalating situation in Iraq, but stressed he would "not be sending troops back into combat." Last week, hundreds of personnel were evacuated from the U.S. Embassy in Baghdad as the ISIS militants came closer to the city.

The White House did not immediately respond to a request from Business Insider about whether this represents a change in the president's position on Iraq and whether more U.S. troops may be sent into the country.

View Obama's letter below:

War Powers Iraq Letter

« Last Edit: June 16, 2014, 10:41:18 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
Re: BREAKING>>>>Obama Is Sending 275 US Troops To Iraq
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2014, 10:43:32 pm »
I guess they wanted some soldiers that weren't going to shed their gear and run once danger approached. Stay safe brothers.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2014, 10:54:29 pm »
I guess they wanted some soldiers that weren't going to shed their gear and run once danger approached. Stay safe brothers.

Dittos to that!

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline flowers

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2014, 11:02:10 pm »
This action has been directed consistent with my responsibility to protect U.S. citizens both at home and abroad,

unless you are in a jail in Mexico. Or dying in Beghazi.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2014, 11:03:53 pm by flowers »

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2014, 11:05:45 pm »

That is what confuses the Muslims in Africa and M.E. When Muslims hear gunfire they run away from it. When we hear gunfire we move toward it.

The Muslims could not understand this. It blew their minds.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2014, 11:13:22 pm »
Too bad these troops have no Commander in Chief.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline flowers

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2014, 11:19:34 pm »
Too bad these troops have no Commander in Chief.
yep. Why only 275? notice Friday no troops on the ground then over the weekend his poll numbers drop and IRS is heating up. I fear for the safety of these troops. I know they are the best but obama isn't .

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2014, 11:21:02 pm »
I hope they're not going to be sleeping together in one building.    [/s]
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline flowers

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2014, 11:22:28 pm »
After they rescue and clear out that embassy obama will let isis or iran have it. isn't it a old palace of Sadam? isn't it the biggest embassy in the world? A great prize for obie  muuzeeii pals isn't it!

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2014, 11:25:00 pm »
The IsIs troops are estimated at 16,000. I take no pleasure in saying this, but American forces could kill that many in a single night, if they wanted to, and if they put the full force of the American military to bear.

Obama likes what is happening and he does not want to stop it. I do not know why?

Is this an, "I will stand with the Muslims..." moment? Could be?

I always thought Obama is a Shia Muslim from his love of Iran and his Madrassa. Something is going on and whatever it is, it not good. He is a Shia. So what is he doing?
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2014, 11:28:09 pm »
unless you are in a jail in Mexico. Or dying in Beghazi.

Well said. 

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2014, 11:31:01 pm »
That's it! It just occurred to me. This guy is a real deal Iranian surrogate.

What he is doing is coming up with a scheme that will give Iraq to Iran.

I don't normally say this, but, Allah is Akbar. He really is. In this case Allah is winning.

Hope and Change man, like dude, dude, Hope and Change like dude...

Offline flowers

« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2014, 11:33:45 pm »
So what is he doing?
Downright terrifying. Also him letting all those people in from anywhere on the planet.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2014, 11:36:06 pm »
Remember Valerie Jarrett...was born in Iran....just saying..
« Last Edit: June 16, 2014, 11:42:43 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline musiclady

« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2014, 11:40:43 pm »
Remember Valarie Jarrett...was born in Iran....just saying..

Yikes.  I forgot about that.

We're so screwed......   **nononono*
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2014, 12:07:45 am »
So much for ruling out any and all "boots on the ground".  I cannot imagine a more hazardous place to be right now, and these people will be practically naked against jihadis driving M-1 tanks...

This is gonna be really ugly.

SPQR

« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2014, 12:33:36 am »
I do not think that is enough considering the amount of contractors in Iraq. Another 1975 Fall of Saigon. No thought of logistics. You would probably need around the clock evacuation for everyone to leave the country
« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 12:39:42 am by Trigger »

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2014, 01:05:41 am »
If Obama is really going to give Iraq as a gift to Iran, that is going to be a real problem for us with Suadi Arabia, Turkey, and Jordan.

He is doing the big deal here. The mask is coming off.

How would America like to have a President who cannot travel out of the country because more than half the world wants to kill him?

Obama has a talent for pissing off everyone who has ever known him. But the guys he is messing with now are some big dogs. Some really big dogs. They do not forgive and forget. Playin' with some big fire here.

In Liberal land, everybody is loosy goosy, happy go lucky, hoity-toity, latte sipping vegan homosexuals. In the real world these people are deadly and will kill you.

No! you can't pet the panda bear! It is a BEAR! It will freakin' kill you! moron...

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2014, 01:18:08 am »
Remember Valerie Jarrett...was born in Iran....just saying..

I'm FIRMLY convinced that SHE is the one running the show! Obama is a coke head who cannot form a coherent sentence on his own!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2014, 04:07:54 am »
I do not think that is enough considering the amount of contractors in Iraq. Another 1975 Fall of Saigon. No thought of logistics. You would probably need around the clock evacuation for everyone to leave the country

There are about 20,000 US citizens in Iraq, and another 10,000 or so from other nations. Many of the contractors are in the north and, if they are smart will make tracks for the Kurdish zone. The Kurds may not like it much, but they won't kill the foreigners and will probably be willing to get them into Turkey for a nominal fee.

The ones more to the West can and should slip into Jordan at first opportunity.

In Baghdad, well - the river is navigable all the way to the sea so start sending them out on any boat you can find. Don't have to go all the way, just far enough away to be picked up safely.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

SPQR

« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2014, 04:11:45 am »
There are about 20,000 US citizens in Iraq, and another 10,000 or so from other nations. Many of the contractors are in the north and, if they are smart will make tracks for the Kurdish zone. The Kurds may not like it much, but they won't kill the foreigners and will probably be willing to get them into Turkey for a nominal fee.

They are going to hit refugees fleeing from the fighting. What about those contactors who have families with them or Iraqis that helped us during our occupation? Many of these contractors may have wives and children.Vietnam had the same problem with refugees fleeing from the fighting. This why the USS Ronald Reagan and USS George H.W. Bush Carrier is supposed to "alleviate".
« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 04:18:40 am by Trigger »