Author Topic: DOD has wide array of Iraq options  (Read 2241 times)

Offline evadR

Re: DOD has wide array of Iraq options
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2014, 03:47:14 am »
How do they get around the "Obama Option"?
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2014, 05:33:25 am »
Yes, I know all about the strategic bombing in WWII.  My thesis for my BA in history was on the use of nuclear weapons in WWII.  For my MA, it was on the conventional strategic bombing campaign against both Germany and Japan.
Those methods were part of the overall effort, to gain unconditional surrender. We won. And unlike our many wars since, our WWII enemies have stayed surrendered to this day.

And to remain certain, we posted and continue to keep posted, sufficient troops should trouble there occur.

Obama's abandonment of our hard won gains in Iraq and soon in Afghanistan serve to encourage our enemies. They interpret that as our weakness.

It appears our military and political leaders lack sufficient will, to beat our enemies into submission and keep them there, opting rather to kick the ball down the field, for somebody else to deal with later.

Each major muslim country has stern autocrats, willing to not let the radicals gain the upper hand. Saddam, Khadafy, Assad, the Saudis, the Pakistanis etc.

Imperfect as they are/were, they are better than the option of letting the radicals take over. Obama seems to vacillate over this reality.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline olde north church

« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2014, 11:27:56 am »
There may be civilians mixed in those bombing raids and being used as human shields.

Iraqi civilians?  bleep'em.  I'm about God damned tired about hearing about them and the "innocent" kids kicking a soccer ball around for news crews.  I don't care that Dresden was largely ineffectual but it damn sure took out 25,000 people who wouldn't be facing our troops on the march through.  May have pissed off the residents of that city but scared the rest shitless.  The "ban" (Heb. cherem)   (Deut. 7:1,2) is would be an excellent template.  Surround the city, exterminate, repeat as necessary.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 12:35:05 pm by olde north church »
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.