Author Topic: White House: IRS made good-faith effort on e-mails  (Read 743 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
White House: IRS made good-faith effort on e-mails
« on: June 16, 2014, 07:53:37 pm »
http://washingtonexaminer.com/white-house-irs-made-good-faith-effort-on-e-mails/article/feed/2141821

White House: IRS made good-faith effort on e-mails
Associated Press • | June 16, 2014 | 3:18 pm
Topics: News White House Business IRS

WASHINGTON (AP) — Facing a furor from angry Republican lawmakers, the White House said Monday that the Internal Revenue Service engaged in a good faith effort to find lost emails from an IRS official whose division processed applications for tax-exempt status by politically oriented groups.

White House spokesman Josh Earnest called criticism from Republican lawmakers about the missing emails, quote, "far-fetched" and "not particularly believable." The IRS says the emails to and from the official, Lois Lerner, disappeared when her computer crashed in 2011.

The IRS acknowledged last year that agents improperly scrutinized applications by some conservative groups. Documents have shown some liberal groups were also flagged.

Earnest said the IRS has produced 67,000 emails to and from Lerner. He said the IRS has tried to track down missing e-mails through other sources and those that have been recovered have been provided to Congress.

Earnest said speculation questioning whether the e-mails were actually lost "is indicative of the kinds of conspiracies that are propagated around this story."
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline GourmetDan

Re: White House: IRS made good-faith effort on e-mails
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2014, 08:11:58 pm »

I'm gonna start making a 'good faith' effort to pay my taxes too...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2014, 08:18:22 pm »
One would expect built-in backups, built-in "mirroring," for high level government work which has legal implications, like the IRS.

So will conclude at this time, the truth is:

--The smoking gun is in her emails, and they are just going to try to run out the clock on the administration, with delays, like this and more to follow.

--They really are so incompetent, as to not have backups, mirroring, etc.

--It seems the Republicans are not sharp enough to break these scandals out into the open fast enough to accomplish it in time, to a degree of use politically. I offer Darrel Issa as proof.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2014, 08:28:50 pm »
Earnest said speculation questioning whether the e-mails were actually lost "is indicative of the kinds of conspiracies that are propagated around this story."

bleep YOU you prissy little faggot!!

(And why would the Washington Examiner even bother to run this kind of crappy propaganda from the GD AP!!!!)

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2014, 08:33:24 pm »

White House spokesman Josh Earnest called criticism from Republican lawmakers about the missing emails, quote, "far-fetched" and "not particularly believable." The IRS says the emails to and from the official, Lois Lerner, disappeared when her computer crashed in 2011.

No organization has kept emails strictly on the C: drive of a computer for a couple of decades now.  That all gets backed up to network servers during the day and saved off as a daily backup every night.

Course, liberals (dim bulbs that they are) will believe anything that their glorious leaders tell them to believe...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline flowers

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2014, 08:36:36 pm »
I bet they made a good-faith effort. Just like they did in Benghazi.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2014, 11:34:46 pm »

:thumbsup2:

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2014, 11:36:14 pm »

I'm sure that will work out just fine for you!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2014, 11:38:56 pm »
bleep YOU you prissy little faggot!!

(And why would the Washington Examiner even bother to run this kind of crappy propaganda from the GD AP!!!!)

:amen:

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2014, 11:41:59 pm »
No organization has kept emails strictly on the C: drive of a computer for a couple of decades now.  That all gets backed up to network servers during the day and saved off as a daily backup every night.

Course, liberals (dim bulbs that they are) will believe anything that their glorious leaders tell them to believe...

I have news for anyone who thinks the mere fact that you have deleted an E-mail from YOUR hard drive means that said e-mail is gone!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2014, 12:05:48 am »
#LeaveOurIRSAlone

:smokin:
« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 12:06:06 am by Chieftain »

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??