Author Topic: 'At my age I don't have much to lose': Pope Francis ditches the bulletproof Popemobile which has protected pontiffs since 1981  (Read 446 times)

Offline flowers

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2657967/At-age-I-dont-lose-Pope-Francis-ditches-bulletproof-Popemobile-protected-pontiffs-1981.html

Pope Francis has announced he will no longer used a bullet-proof Popemobile as the glass 'sardine can' keeps him away from the people.

The armoured vehicles were introduced after the 1981 assassination attempt of Pope John Paul II in a bid to prevent further attacks on the leader of the Roman Catholic Church.

During the interview with a Spanish newspaper which was reported by Vatican Radio, Pope Francis said: 'It is true that anything could happen, but let's face it, at my age I don't have much to lose.'

wow this may be a huge mistake.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
[[ Pope Francis said: 'It is true that anything could happen, but let's face it, at my age I don't have much to lose.' ]]

He wants to set an example.

Perhaps he will...

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
'It is true that anything could happen, but let's face it, at my age I don't have much to lose.'

I understand him. I have been saying this same thing since I hit 40. I figured 40 is enough. Two generations ago, the average age of death was around 35. So, I figured I won.

But, I have to say, in reality, I do feel like a ghost. I do not know why I am still alive. I should have been dead by now, a hundred times over. I do feel that every day I live is somehow stolen. I feel that I should not be here. I'm am not supposed to be here. But, whatever.

The only thing is that I do believe in God, in a pretty big way. And I feel that I am here because I am supposed to be here. I don't know?

I will do my time. But I have no fear of death. Just moving on to the next level. I have done things worse than that. Death, in some ways, is a comforting thought.

I understand him completely.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
I approve. The Church is not the Pope, no more than the USA would curl up and die if the President did.

His Holiness has a message - one of love. Hard to reach out and love if you are in a glass coffin.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink