Author Topic: Obama's (the "bear") not just on the loose. He's also hungry.  (Read 800 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/06/16/Obama-longs-to-break-out-of-White-House-bubble

from AP 16 Jun 2014, 8:01 AM PDT

RANCHO MIRAGE, Calif. (AP) — It's perhaps appropriate that President Barack Obama is vacationing this weekend in California, where the state flag features a roaming grizzly.

The restless president, who has compared himself to a caged animal on recent wanderings by declaring the "bear is loose," took a long Father's Day weekend away with his wife and older daughter.

The visit to the desert resort area of Palm Springs is one of the ways Obama has been trying to escape during his sixth year cloistered in the White House.

"I think frankly we've all been through a cold and bitter winter and the bear has cabin fever," said Obama friend and senior adviser Valerie Jarrett. "His cabin is a little bit bigger and harder to escape than most."

Obama has fantasized about being "on a beach somewhere drinking out of a coconut" or simply being able to walk out of the White House gate and stroll around unrecognized.

In California, Obama has worked out mornings at a gym near the Rancho Mirage home where the first family is staying with White House decorator Michael Smith and his partner, James Costos, the American ambassador to Spain.

The hilltop home has sweeping views, a private tennis court and trapezoid swimming pool. Despite temperatures above 100 degrees, Obama was able to golf at two nearby courses — Saturday at the Sunnylands estate and Sunday at the Porcupine Creek Estate owned by software billionaire Larry Ellison.

Obama interspersed his four-day weekend with official duties, including Democratic Party fundraising, a speech on climate change and calls to his national security adviser discussing military options to stop a violent insurgency in Iraq. As his administration announced that some staff were being evacuated from the Baghdad embassy, Obama was on the golf course.

Obama seemed determined not to let the crisis overseas keep him from getting a break, in a time-honored tradition of presidents going on working vacations even as some question the optics.

"Sometimes when all of the brown stuff is hitting the rotating blades, a vacation is not the best thing to go on," said Dana Perino, who was President George W. Bush's press secretary.

She speaks from experience — Bush vacationed during Hurricane Katrina and made frequent visits to Camp David or his Texas ranch to fulfill his desire to get outdoors.

"There were times the president wanted to go on a bike ride," Perino said, "but I'd have to say, 'Mr. President, there was a bombing in Iraq,' or 'The markets are tanking.'"

Obama has taken three weekends away in a golf-friendly place this year after kicking off 2014 on the links in Hawaii.

The Obama family also is planning a longer-than-usual summer vacation to Martha's Vineyard for two weeks in August, where last summer the president golfed nearly every day on the island.

Obama has golfed every weekend since Washington's weather got clear enough to allow it in April, save a week when he was in Asia.

Those close to Obama say his frequent golf outings are less about a love of the game than a desire to take a long walk outside. Obama also has been seen walking the darkened White House grounds, late into the evening, sometime with one of his dogs.

Last week Obama left his security detail, staff and press corps scrambling with the simple act of spontaneously walking about 350 yards from the West Wing to Starbucks. He told reporters who rushed to catch up with him to give him some space.

The next day, unannounced, he took Education Secretary Arne Duncan out for a burger. He also recently stopped by a Little League game and walked to an event at the Interior Department near the White House, shaking hands with surprised tourists along the way.

"I might walk up to the Lincoln Memorial, sit on there," Obama said when asked on the "Live with Kelly and Michael" talk show what he would choose if he could do anything unrecognized. "Maybe I'd wander around and find myself at a little outdoor cafe or something and sit and order something and just watch people go by. The thing you miss most about being president is anonymity."

___
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
Ain't the cold and bitter winter guy always flapping his lips about global warmning?  I'm confused.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??

Online mountaineer

Ain't the cold and bitter winter guy always flapping his lips about global warmning?  I'm confused.
Yes, long after the bitterly cold weather had left Washington, DC, he had to fly to California to berate a college graduating class about global warming. Maybe he should have told the young skulls full of mush about how cold it was in D.C.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Ford289HiPo

• Don't take life seriously; No one gets out alive

The restless president, who has compared himself to a caged animal on recent wanderings by declaring the "bear is loose," took a long Father's Day weekend away with his wife and older daughter.

The visit to the desert resort area of Palm Springs is one of the ways Obama has been trying to escape during his sixth year cloistered in the White House.

"I think frankly we've all been through a cold and bitter winter and the bear has cabin fever," said Obama friend and senior adviser Valerie Jarrett. "His cabin is a little bit bigger and harder to escape than most."

They must be kidding.............the "Bear"??
"Bitter winter"?  "Caged animal"?

I think I puked in my mouth.....................................................
I wonder when the lies will stop and truth begin, even as grim as the truth may be. And then I remember that for 70 years, the reign of terror in Russia called itself "the people's government." We have so far to fall, yet we are falling fast and Hell yawns to receive us.

Online mountaineer

They call him a bear (grrr, very tough!) so we aren't reminded of this:

Offline wolfcreek

« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 12:24:56 pm by wolfcreek »

Online mountaineer

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
In a rare shot with Hillary Clinton and Joe Biden:

The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
The bear is on the loose!

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Oceander

They call him a bear (grrr, very tough!) so we aren't reminded of this:

Oceander

Little gummi obamas:

Online mountaineer

Obama's (the "bear") not just on the loose. He's also hungry.
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2014, 07:48:10 pm »
Obama's not just on the loose. He's also hungry.

WASHINGTON (AP via Yahoo) -- The bear isn't just on the loose. He's also hungry.

In this case, the bear in question is President Barack Obama, who has lately been comparing his yearnings to escape the White House security bubble to an animal breaking free from his cage. And his objects of pursuit once out in the wild include a good burger, some casual Mexican and a nice cup of hot tea.

On Monday, Obama rounded up a few participants at a White House working families summit for a short walk to a local Chipotle restaurant, where they swapped stories while enjoying the fast-food favorite.

"It's been awhile since I had the burrito bowl," Obama said after lunch.

Get outta my way, woman! I need me some burritos!

The president's advisers have been casting their boss' outings as an effort to break free from the confines of the White House and interact more with the public. But his destinations suggest the president may be equally interested in shaking up his dining routine after more than five years of White House meals.

Earlier this month, Obama grabbed Education Secretary Arne Duncan for a lunch run at a local restaurant whose owner had written the president a letter promising him the best burger if he stopped by. And last month, Obama and Joe Biden headed to a nearby Shake Shack, where the president ordered a burger and fries and the vice president indulged in a cheeseburger, fries and milkshake.

At each of these stops, the trappings of the White House bubble indeed followed along, including a heavy presence of Secret Service agents and the standard contingent of White House press. But in one recent instance, Obama violated long-standing protocol and slipped out of the White House without reporters in order to join his chief of staff Denis McDonough for a Starbucks run. The president ordered a hot tea.

Obama has also been extending his culinary adventures overseas, trading stuffy formal dinners at palaces or presidential mansions for nights on the town in foreign capitals.

During an April trip to Tokyo, Obama and Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe hit up the world-renowned sushi restaurant Sukiyabashi Jiro. While Obama lavished praise on the sushi as he departed the restaurant, local media was abuzz with reports that the president skipped some courses on the prix fixe menu.

And on an early-June trip to Paris, Obama enjoyed not one dinner, but two. He and French President Francois Hollande dined with colleagues at a restaurant near the Champs-Elysees. The president then dashed over to a second restaurant to meet friends for a leisurely two-hour outing.

Offline musiclady

Re: Obama's (the "bear") not just on the loose. He's also hungry.
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2014, 09:24:22 pm »
Does the Mooch smack him around for eating like this after he comes home?

Only if she isn't chowing down on fat-filled fast food with him.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online mountaineer

Re: Obama's (the "bear") not just on the loose. He's also hungry.
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2014, 10:18:12 pm »
Mooch is too busy getting away with using "racial" slurs:
First Lady Uses Racial Slur And Gets Away With It
12:37 PM 06/24/2014

Who cares about the Redskins? Probably not first lady Michelle Obama, who turned her sights on insulting the Romani minority community Monday.

While describing her struggles as a working mother, the usually politically correct first lady used the racial slur, gypped.

“The first thing I tried to do, which was a mistake, was that I tried the part-time thing… I realized I was getting gypped on that front,” Obama told ABC’s Robin Roberts at the White House Summit on Working Families. “What happened was I got a part-time salary but worked full time.”

The term “gypped” is a racial slur deriving from the word “gypsy,” a slur for the Roma. The slur refers to the act of defrauding or robbing through practices such as swindling or cheating. The correct usage of the term is most certainly not synonymous to “slighted or “cut short.”

Defenders of Romani point out that the abbreviation, “gyp,” is nothing more than a callous slur used by the culturally insensitive. Similar slurs to “gypped” include “Jewed down” or calling someone an “Indian giver.”

All offensive. Definitely not something that the first lady of the United States of America should be saying in interviews.

But it’s not entirely Michelle’s fault. It seems as though she borrowed the offensive colloquialism from her husband, President Barack Obama. In 2009, at a town hall meeting in Allentown, Penn., Obama said that he was seeking to regulate health insurance companies to make sure that people don’t get “gypped.”

Ouch. When will the first couple clean up their language? It’s amazing not amazing at all that no one in their own party has called them out on it yet.

http://dailycaller.com/2014/06/24/first-lady-uses-racial-slur-and-gets-away-with-it/#ixzz35b7F4Twu