Author Topic: Clinton: Matt Drudge, Karl Rove Planting ‘False Information’  (Read 935 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://washington.cbslocal.com/2014/06/13/clinton-matt-drudge-karl-rove-planting-false-information/

Clinton: Matt Drudge, Karl Rove Planting ‘False Information’
June 13, 2014 11:31 AM

WASHINGTON (CBS DC) – Former secretary of state and potential 2016 presidential candidate Hillary Clinton ridiculed Matt Drudge and Karl Rove as “gamers” simply looking to “divert attention” from real issues facing Americans.

In an interview with National Public Radio, Clinton responded to recent comments from the Drudge Report namesake and Karl Rove, dismissing claims that she may have posed with a walker on the cover of People magazine.

NPR host Terry Gross posed the question: “So I have to ask you about the kerfuffle over the People magazine cover that you were on. You were standing with your hands resting on the back of a chair, apparently a patio chair. But the photo was cropped, so all we saw of the chair was the bar across the top of the chair. And your good friend, Matt Drudge, tweeted, is Clinton holding a walker? Now, you know, obviously it wasn’t a walker but – and he didn’t lie. He didn’t say you were holding a walker. He just asked a question in the tweet. Is that a technique that you’ve become used to, like…”

Clinton responded: “They are trying constantly to, you know, raise false canards, you know, plant, you know, false information, and that’s what they do.”

“Yeah, Karl Rove tried that with my health and got totally, you know, shot down. I am so used to these people. They’re like a bunch of, you know, gamers,” said Clinton.

Clinton added that she believes Rove and Drudge pose such questions simply to avoid a “real debate” of important issues affecting the American people, saying it’s business-as-usual for conservatives to attack her on matters that are “totally off subject.”

“They don’t want to have a real debate about what the tax policy of this country should be. They don’t want to have a real debate about how we begin growing the economy again and putting more people to work. They don’t want to have a real debate about climate change and clean energy. They want people to get diverted and totally off subject, and that is their modus operandi.”

She continued her criticism: “But I have to say, Terry, that if that’s the best they have to offer, let them do it because that is not the debate that I think the American people want to have. And, you know, there’s a difference between fair game and playing games. And it is, unfortunately, too common in today’s political environment that people want to play games that divert attention from the real issues that affect our country and its future.”

Clinton is currently on a nationwide book tour for her new memoir, “Hard Choices.”

– Benjamin Fearnow
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sinkspur

Re: Clinton: Matt Drudge, Karl Rove Planting ‘False Information’
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2014, 06:31:08 pm »
Is it fair to raise the fact that you and Bill are grifters?  You're obsessed with money, still pissed that you got caught burglarizing the White House furniture.

You're a privileged elitist Hillary and the more you run your mouth, the less America likes you.

So, keep talking.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline speekinout

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2014, 08:28:35 pm »
I don't think Karl Rove got "shut down" when he questioned her health. Her husband is the one who said that it took her 3 months of hard work to recover from that "incident", even though he never really said what it was. That sounded a lot more serious than anything Rove was asking about.

But trust the media to make any answer, no matter how damning, look worse for the GOP.

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2014, 08:41:31 pm »
I don't think Karl Rove got "shut down" when he questioned her health. Her husband is the one who said that it took her 3 months of hard work to recover from that "incident", even though he never really said what it was. That sounded a lot more serious than anything Rove was asking about.

But trust the media to make any answer, no matter how damning, look worse for the GOP.

Exactly.  What Karl had to say was mild in comparison to some of the other speculation I've seen about what really ails the Hildebeest.  I keep coming back to the fact though, that when she appears in public to deliver remarks, her preferred format is parked on her ass in an easy chair, and that suggests to me she cannot stand steady for very long.

The first date I ever took my wife on was a lecture by G.Gordon Liddy (followed by dinner and drinks, of course); and when G. Gordon delivers one of his talks he does it standing up on stage the entire time.  He likes to say that proves he is "fit, virile and vigorous", and the Hildebeest's public appearances demonstrate anything but...

:smokin:

Offline speekinout

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2014, 08:57:20 pm »
Exactly.  What Karl had to say was mild in comparison to some of the other speculation I've seen about what really ails the Hildebeest.  I keep coming back to the fact though, that when she appears in public to deliver remarks, her preferred format is parked on her ass in an easy chair, and that suggests to me she cannot stand steady for very long.

That's possible, but it could also be that she suffers from stage fright. She obviously doesn't have her wits about her when she gets questions, and I don't think she's ever had a good appearance as a speaker. I know people who have to be medicated before they can stand in front of a crowd to speak, and they use the same kind of tricks she does whenever they can get away with it.

Whichever it is, it sure isn't a good problem for a President to have.  :shrug:

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2014, 09:59:35 pm »
I just reviewed some polls. She may well be the next President.

The center-right will need to up their game, if they expect to avoid that outcome.

She may not be the smooth natural politician her husband is, but she is nonetheless very experienced.

Few in the GOP do well beyond the party itself.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2014, 11:20:05 pm »

The center-right will need to up their game, if they expect to avoid that outcome.

She may not be the smooth natural politician her husband is, but she is nonetheless very experienced.

Presidential polls at this juncture is kinda meaningless. A lot can happen between here and now.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline speekinout

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2014, 11:33:14 pm »

Not many GOPers were doing well before Reagan got elected either. But the dims were doing worse. And it looks like the dims aren't doing so well right now. hillary might be doing better than the rest of the dims, but there's plenty of room for a GOP candidate to look better in the next two years.
It's a bit too early to panic about 2016; we have to save ourselves in 2014 first.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2014, 11:38:07 pm »
Presidential polls at this juncture is kinda meaningless. A lot can happen between here and now.
Any one poll might be an outlier. But many, many taken together over a long period mean plenty./

A Cruz nomination for example would likely be a Goldwater/McGovern repeat.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2014, 12:05:04 am »
Any one poll might be an outlier. But many, many taken together over a long period mean plenty./

A Cruz nomination for example would likely be a Goldwater/McGovern repeat.

I agree let's wait after the 14 elections to see what happens in 16.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2014, 12:34:56 am »
One thing seems pretty clear to me:  Hillary is not the same candidate she was in 2008.  As Chieftain pointed out, she has to sit for interviews and even for one-on-ones with live audiences. 

She's more belligerent and defensive,  probably the old-person-syndrome kicking in a little early. 

Hillary Clinton has NEVER been a likable person.  The more she's out front, the more people see that.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2014, 12:41:46 am »

She's more belligerent and defensive,  probably the old-person-syndrome kicking in a little early. 
Maybe that head injury had some lasting effects.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2014, 01:57:14 am »
Maybe that head injury had some lasting effects.

Maybe so, but at some point, Hillary is going to remind men of their ex-wives or their mothers-in-law, and that is never a good thing.