Author Topic: Blair: Don't blame me for meltdown in Iraq: Astonishing 'essay' by ex-PM: he says Obama quit too soon... and the UK should launch attacks  (Read 423 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2658105/Blair-Dont-blame-meltdown-Iraq-Astonishing-essay-ex-PM-says-Obama-quit-soon-UK-launch-attacks.html

Blair: Don't blame me for meltdown in Iraq: Astonishing 'essay' by ex-PM: he says Obama quit too soon... and the UK should launch attacks

Former PM claims bungling Iraqi government has allowed Al Qaeda return
    Blair said the alternative to not intervening in Iraq was a far worse option
    Blair said West was wrong to topple Gadaffi instead of Bashar al-Assad

By Mail On Sunday Reporter

Published: 17:36 EST, 14 June 2014 | Updated: 05:26 EST, 15 June 2014

Tony Blair last night attacked ‘bizarre’ claims that his decision to go to war with Iraq in 2003 caused the current wave of violence in the  country – and blamed everyone but himself for the crisis.

The former Prime Minister insisted he was right to topple Saddam Hussein with the US and said things would have been worse if the dictator had not been ousted from power a decade ago.

Mr Blair ended a week-long silence after mounting claims by diplomats and Labour MPs that his and Mr Bush’s handling of the Iraq War sowed the seeds of the attempt by the Al Qaeda-backed ISIS terror group to conquer Iraq. In a 2,800-word ‘essay’ on the new Middle East conflagration, Mr Blair refused to apologise and argued:

Barack Obama ordered US troops to leave Iraq too soon.
    Britain and America must launch renewed military attacks in Iraq  and Syria.
    Al Qaeda was ‘beaten’ in Iraq thanks to the Blair-Bush war, but the bungling Iraqi government let them back in.

continued...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline kevindavis007

Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Heya Tony, long time no hear. Could have done with it being longer.

Yes I am blaming you. You see, you let us grunts down, big time. You took units forged in counter terrorist operations on Shankill Road and put them under a military command that thought only in big set piece battles. I mean, a couple of the high command were decent enough and would turn a blind eye to squads actually doing the job and getting results, but a lot of them were chair warmers, totally out of their depth for anything more than taking salutes and kit inspections.

Remember when we went in to Iraq in the first place? My unit had to find and bribe a US Supply Sergeant for bloody boots! Oh, and sending us into the desert in the middle of summer in winter weight BDUs was considerate of the MoD. Did you worry about us catching colds or something?

Not that we had much weight to haul around in the heat at first. 4 magazines each is barely sufficient for one firefight, and to be told that "ammunition is a low priority cargo" by the QM, who couldn't re-stock us was another thing that certainly cheered our evenings. Fortunately, we dealt with that problem in our usual efficient way during the advance, as the loyalist military kindly left behind more than enough to go round.

The billeting system in cleared areas is a tried and true technique. We were supposed to be winning hearts and minds, after all, and you get more hearts and minds by living with and among the people. They get to know you, you get to know them - turns things from abstract to personal. So of course, you ordered it stopped and us to pull back into fortified castles. Turned us from people there to give the population a hand in taking control of their own country into invaders, pretty much overnight. Smooth move, Brainiac.

So yes - I blame you.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink