Author Topic: W STAYS SILENT  (Read 1687 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
W STAYS SILENT
« on: June 14, 2014, 12:55:59 pm »
W STAYS SILENT

Former President George W. Bush, his predecessor who sent U.S. servicemen and women into Iraq by the tens of thousands, is determined to hold his tongue.

Former President George W. Bush has been reluctant to weigh in on the latest developments in the region where he spent years deploying military assets that Obama would later pull back.

A request for comment from the former president was met with a non-response from his communications director Freddy Ford, who told MailOnline: 'I don’t have a comment for you. When he left office President Bush decided not to criticize his successor.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2657229/Obama-rules-OUT-sending-troops-combat-Iraq-promises-review-military-options.html
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Lando Lincoln

Re: W STAYS SILENT
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2014, 01:01:34 pm »
I suspect W will stay quiet, but... not Dick Cheney.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2014, 01:03:19 pm »
Obama's Red Line:

John Steinbeck

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2014, 01:08:09 pm »
Had been thinking about President Bush....the MAN...as well as a former POTUS!

There can be no argument that he dearly loves the American soldier.   He's shed many a public tear over our fallen.

"Fallen".

For what?  For a decade of a Hussein-free Iraq?  Ask the people who were the oppressed minority under Saddam if they would have done the same thing if they knew that in just ten years, they would be savagely hunted down?

There is SO MUCH that is upside down in our country today.

I can understand why President Bush hasn't come forward on the economy and Obamacare.  Don't agree with it, but understand that historically, it's just not done.

But after President Bush buried over 4,000 of our finest?  To see all those deaths....the emotional pain of each family?

I am angry with him....despite the love I feel for him.

Come on, man!   
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2014, 01:11:03 pm »

But it's not the same thing.

I swear that if GWB talked from his heart, he could turn the American People around to the point that Barack Obama would piss his pants.

Huge opportunity being missed here....

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2014, 01:16:10 pm »
I want him to say something and I am disappointed he isn't....my family only gave up years while others gave limbs and the ultimate sacrifice...for what!!!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2014, 01:21:46 pm »

yep...and Dick Cheney has been very vocal about a number of Obama FUBARs and will continue to do so. 

There has always been an unwritten but understood rule among past Presidents, that they do not criticize their successor.  W is a firm believer in the Office of the President, and just like you never saw him with his feet on the desk or in the Oval Office without a coat and tie, you will not hear him make any public comments about Obama.

W is busy working with wounded veterans, instead of putting them on secret waiting lists to die awaiting an appointment.  He doesn't have to say a word.

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2014, 01:22:03 pm »
He may yet...  It would be powerful. 
John Steinbeck

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2014, 01:22:17 pm »
I want him to say something and I am disappointed he isn't....my family only gave up years while others gave limbs and the ultimate sacrifice...for what!!!

It breaks your heart, Nancy!

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2014, 01:25:47 pm »

This Iraqi girl might be 20-21 years old today.

.....if she's still alive.   [/s]

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2014, 01:27:04 pm »
But it's not the same thing.

I swear that if GWB talked from his heart, he could turn the American People around to the point that Barack Obama would piss his pants.

Huge opportunity being missed here....

I agree.  It's a source of disappointment to me, I have been a huge supporter of GWB, but this whole reticence on criticizing Obama has wrought such damage to our country, I can't believe that he would stay quiet when our very future is at stake.  It makes you wonder if they don't both have the same master to have to answer to.

:tinfoil:

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2014, 01:34:26 pm »
I can not imagine the terror so many are experiencing. 
« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 01:34:48 pm by Lando Lincoln »
John Steinbeck

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2014, 01:49:56 pm »

And for many, it's deja vu. 

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2014, 01:55:12 pm »

It's a self-fulfilling prophecy of sorts here.

Saddam Hussein ruled with an iron fist and ruled with fear his main tool.  People didn't have to lock their doors at night in certain neighborhoods.

Because GWB got revenge on Hussein for his unsuccessful assassination attempt on his father's (GHWB), he at the same time...removed a dictator and Al Quada from Iraq.
Iran tried to beat him twice in wars and failed, and we did it in less than 40 days.

Now because of Barack Obama, who already had a full dress rehearsal in Libya, the "insurgents" are coming in...probably with weapons taken that night at the so-called "Consulate".

To me, that's the very definition of a Manchurian POTUS.

President Bush needs to speak out!    Tomorrow morning on FOXNEW wouldn't be too soon, IMO.

Offline evadR

« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2014, 03:09:21 pm »
Iraq is but an example of the entire Arab world.
They do not understand democracy or want it.

Apparently, neither do we.

Any country that would trust the word of this administration is run by fools.
Another 3 years and we will have very much in common with Iraq.

Although I disagreed with W on social issues I admired him as a leader. He has always been reluctant to defend himself or strike back at people who criticized him.
I suspect if he had lost his 2 daughters in the war he might feel differently about speaking out on the tragedy that Obama has wrought.

Just sayin'...
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2014, 03:24:29 pm »

Although I disagreed with W on social issues I admired him as a leader. He has always been reluctant to defend himself or strike back at people who criticized him.
I suspect if he had lost his 2 daughters in the war he might feel differently about speaking out on the tragedy that Obama has wrought.

Just sayin'...

I disagree with you evad (bold above)

The 'problem' with President Bush is that he is the epitome of a "Big Picture" leader.

He knows that long after all of us are distant or forgotten memories, that the office of the POTUS should be held to the highest honor and standard.

The lump in President Bush's throat must be unbearable.   

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2014, 03:28:30 pm »
Bush is right not to say anything.  He knows that would put the focus back on him.

All of you who think Bush speaking would do any good or change any minds have forgotten that the media is JUST WAITING to make him the issue once again.

Stay quiet, George.  Let Obama stew in the soup he's made.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline PzLdr

« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2014, 03:44:43 pm »
W STAYS SILENT

Sorry, "W". You owe it the troops you sent there to fight, and as some did, die, to open your friggin' mouth on this one. I'm a 'Nam vet, so I know how it feels to watch all you, and everyone else did, go down the crapper when the U.S turns its back on an ally. And what about all that democracy you were building? You know, the cornerstone of your Middle East policy? Remember all those folks with purple fingers? You bragged about it enough. Barack Obama worth their lives, too?

Barack Hussein Obama is a malignant narcissist and a sociopath. You owe him NO silence. Perhaps you should think of the duty you owe this nation, its troops, and those who trusted us. Because I really don't want to see Saigon all over again.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2657229/Obama-rules-OUT-sending-troops-combat-Iraq-promises-review-military-options.html
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline evadR

« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2014, 04:50:41 pm »
I disagree with you evad (bold above)

The 'problem' with President Bush is that he is the epitome of a "Big Picture" leader.

He knows that long after all of us are distant or forgotten memories, that the office of the POTUS should be held to the highest honor and standard.

The lump in President Bush's throat must be unbearable.
Can't disagree with any of that. He is what you said.

However, I consider Dick Cheney to also be the epitome of a "Big Picture" leader.

I guess it's different strokes for different folks.

And of course, the greatest Big Picture leader of all has had no problem nailing Bush every chance he got. That would be "The Slickster" and all his gang.
IBF is the only card they have to play anymore.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 04:51:24 pm by evadR² »
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2014, 06:24:10 pm »
I agree.  It's a source of disappointment to me, I have been a huge supporter of GWB, but this whole reticence on criticizing Obama has wrought such damage to our country, I can't believe that he would stay quiet when our very future is at stake.  It makes you wonder if they don't both have the same master to have to answer to.

:tinfoil:
Former Presidents know the difficulty and demands of the job. They know having to contend with every living ex-Potus at every turn would make it all the more difficult.

I'm sure most of us internet political hobbyists often forget the difference between public and private. I'm sure privately Obama knows how Bush II feels about such matters.

Normally the GOP would have highly regarded "statesman" caliber individuals, to make the opposition party's case. Unfortunately at the national level, there is a serious shortfall in the stature of GOP leaders. It used to be true that partisanship stopped, at the oceans' edges.

If a vote were held today nationally, I think America would react like they did with Hitler in the 1930s--not desiring to shed blood for another round of European wars, or now middle-east wars..

Thirteen years of "War on Terror" accomplished little or nothing. A different strategy might be:  Real red lines, not to be crossed at risk of massive destruction. First chance give an example.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline mrclose

« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2014, 10:02:54 pm »
I have no use for any of the Bush's!

Both father and son are one worlders.

Bush junior lost any respect I had for him over the Ramos and Compean episode.

Bush brought in an old friend (Johnny Sutton) to prosecute the agents.

It took congress critters (from both sides) and an outraged public to Force Bush to commute their sentences and That was only done on his last day in office!
(and at the same time his coziness with former Mexico President Vicente Fox was well known)

And if you don't think that out of control spending (ex: Medicare drug bill, MMA) and the Patriot Act didn't open the doors for the Democrats to put the Dictator (Obama) in office .. I just don't know what it will take.

When Bush signed into law the bill for the MMA .. THAT opened the door for the Democrats to push obamacare down our throats.

The Patriot Act ..?
(nuff said)

Why does anyone still Give A D@mn about any Bush's thoughts or feelings!

And yes, I am a vet!
« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 10:04:12 pm by mrclose »
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2014, 12:10:35 am »
The Bush's have exhibited more class, mrclose, in remaining silent than you have in your ridiculous rant.

But I'm glad that you agree with me that Bush-43 has chosen the better part of valor by remaining silent.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2014, 12:18:48 am »
The Bush's have exhibited more class, mrclose, in remaining silent than you have in your ridiculous rant.

But I'm glad that you agree with me that Bush-43 has chosen the better part of valor by remaining silent.

While you and I are on opposite sides here, we both respect both 41 and 43.

I believe GWB is missing "A Winston Churchill" moment.

Tea Party rising like a Phoenix and all that rot.....but it's true.  The country needs to hear from him so that we know we're not crazy. 

And to make Republicans valid again.

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2014, 12:56:44 am »
Hate responding from my phone, but...

GWB is a patriot. We can disagree with his policies or decisions, but he is a patriot. Obama?  Decidedly, no. Mrclose, I don't know you, but your post is grossly misguided in this matter.  Grossly.

GWB will not reflect on this issue publicly. I agree that I'd like to hear him. But, it will be through surrogates at best.
John Steinbeck

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2014, 01:01:56 am »
While you and I are on opposite sides here, we both respect both 41 and 43.

I believe GWB is missing "A Winston Churchill" moment.

Tea Party rising like a Phoenix and all that rot.....but it's true.  The country needs to hear from him so that we know we're not crazy. 

And to make Republicans valid again.

What's the old saw about getting out of the way when your enemy is destroying himself.

Revenge is a dish best served cold.

Never, ever, EVER take the focus off the incompetent one in the White House.