Author Topic: IRS: So… Our Computer Crashed And Erased All Of Lois Lerner’s Emails  (Read 735 times)

Offline flowers

http://www.humanevents.com/2014/06/13/dang-the-irs-says-lois-lerners-emails-done-got-wiped-out-in-one-of-them-there-computer-crashes/

w, shoot!  The IRS was trying so hard to come up with documents requested by the House Ways and Means Committee, as part of its investigation into the abuse of power against conservative groups during the 2012 election.  But wouldn’t you know it?  One of those newfangled computer thingamabobs had itself a crash, and all of Tax Exempt Organizations Division director Lois Lerner’s emails done got erased!

Everything she sent to outside email addresses between January 2009 and April 2011 is lost into the ether.  Everything she sent to the White House, the Justice Department, her old chums at the Federal Elections Commission, high-ranking Democrat politicians – gone!  All they’ve got left is email correspondence between Lerner and other IRS employees.

Ways and Means Committee Chairman Dave Camp (R-MI), who asked for all these emails a year ago, is fit to be tied:

“The fact that I am just learning about this, over a year into the investigation, is completely unacceptable and now calls into question the credibility of the IRS’s response to Congressional inquiries.  There needs to be an immediate investigation and forensic audit by Department of Justice as well as the Inspector General.

“Just a short time ago, Commissioner Koskinen promised to produce all Lerner documents.  It appears now that was an empty promise.  Frankly, these are the critical years of the targeting of conservative groups that could explain who knew what when, and what, if any, coordination there was between agencies.  Instead, because of this loss of documents, we are conveniently left to believe that Lois Lerner acted alone.  This failure of the

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Well darn, the law requires email archiving to prevent such a thing so now the question becomes, what happened to the archives and/or what did Lerner do to prevent her emails from being archived? Did she deliberately hide the emails from archiving, delete them, or are they archived and are lying about their existence?

http://www.itworld.com/security/55954/law-requires-email-archiving

Offline GourmetDan

Ways and Means Committee Chairman Dave Camp (R-MI), who asked for all these emails a year ago, is fit to be tied:

It just took that long to 'fix' all of the backup files...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

rangerrebew

IRS: So… Our Computer Crashed And Erased All Of Lois Lerner’s Emails
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2014, 09:32:20 pm »

The Daily Caller

54 minutes ago

The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) claimed Friday that it cannot produce Lois Lerner’s emails to and from the White House and other administration departments due to a supposed computer crash.

The IRS previously agreed to hand over all of the ex-IRS official’s emails from 2009 to 2011 to the House Ways and Means Committee, chaired by Rep. Dave Camp. But the IRS claimed Friday that it has Lerner’s emails to and from other IRS officials but it cannot produce emails to and from the Treasury and Justice Departments, the Federal Election Commission, or Democratic offices.

The IRS’ computer crash may go down in history next to the eighteen and a half minute gap in the Watergate tapes, which was supposedly caused by a mistake by Richard Nixon’s secretary Rose Mary Woods.

“The fact that I am just learning about this, over a year into the investigation, is completely unacceptable and now calls into question the credibility of the IRS’s response to Congressional inquiries,” Camp said in a statement. “There needs to be an immediate investigation and forensic audit by Department of Justice as well as the Inspector General.”

“Just a short time ago, Commissioner Koskinen promised to produce all Lerner documents,” Camp continued. “It appears now that was an empty promise.  Frankly, these are the critical years of the targeting of conservative groups that could explain who knew what when, and what, if any, coordination there was between agencies.  Instead, because of this loss of documents, we are conveniently left to believe that Lois Lerner acted alone.  This failure of the IRS requires the White House, which promised to get to the bottom of this, to do an Administration-wide search and production of any emails to or from Lois Lerner.  The Administration has repeatedly referred us back to the IRS for production of materials.  It is clear that is wholly insufficient when it comes to determining the full scope of the violation of taxpayer rights.”

http://news.yahoo.com/irs-computer-crashed-erased-lois-lerner-emails-203605784.html
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 09:32:59 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline andy58-in-nh

YGTBSM!   :chairbang:
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline katzenjammer

FU IRS

FU Koskinen

Offline IZZY ANN

This is a JOKE, right?

If the Obama Administration THNKS for one minute this will fly with the American people or with Congress then I think he needs to roll out the tanks and all the ammunition the DHS has been collecting!

Because we are talking revolution.....

IF HE DOESN'T NEED TO OBEY OUR LAWS THEN WHY DO WE?
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 10:56:55 pm by IZZY ANN »

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

This is a JOKE, right ??

Nope...it's the standard Obama Friday night news dump.   :whistle:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline andy58-in-nh

The most lawless Administration in history just keeps on getting more lawless.

On second thought, it isn't an "Administration" at all; it is a criminal enterprise.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
I'll betcha that NSA has a copy of everything.......    :whistle:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline IZZY ANN

I'll betcha that NSA has a copy of everything.......    :whistle:

WHERE IS SNOWDEN ?

I WANT HIS COPIES !!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
We will never again be a truly FREE people for so long as we continue to abide the Marxist income tax and the IRS!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
The most lawless Administration in history just keeps on getting more lawless.

On second thought, it isn't an "Administration" at all; it is a criminal enterprise.

Yep!

In spades!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
From the article:
[[ But the IRS claimed Friday that it has Lerner’s emails to and from other IRS officials but it cannot produce emails to and from the Treasury and Justice Departments, the Federal Election Commission, or Democratic offices. ]]

Ummmm......  surely they have something called "backups", right?

Am I to believe that an agency like IRS doesn't maintain routine backups?

If the answer is "no", am I to believe that an agency like IRS is tellin' the truth ???

Offline olde north church

From the article:
[[ But the IRS claimed Friday that it has Lerner’s emails to and from other IRS officials but it cannot produce emails to and from the Treasury and Justice Departments, the Federal Election Commission, or Democratic offices. ]]

Ummmm......  surely they have something called "backups", right?

Am I to believe that an agency like IRS doesn't maintain routine backups?

If the answer is "no", am I to believe that an agency like IRS is tellin' the truth ???

There should also be recipient end copies as well.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.