Author Topic: Democrat Maryland Attorney General Candidate Ignorantly Hobnobs with Sex Trafficking Pimp  (Read 346 times)

rangerrebew

Democrat Maryland Attorney General Candidate Ignorantly Hobnobs with Sex Trafficking Pimp

by Betty Butter • 12 June, 2014 • Crime, Politics • 0 Comments

Tweet2 Share0 Reddit0 0
0 Email0 Share2
It’s hard to round up support for your campaign when you are a white Democrat lawyer in a state heavily populated by black voters.  Democrat primary candidate, Jon Cardin, thought he was making headway by accepting the support of a popular rapper, only the rapper turned out to be facing 22 counts of sex trafficking and prostitution.

From The Daily Beast:

Jon Cardin, a candidate for Maryland Attorney General, discovered recently that it’s not an electoral asset to be endorsed by an accused sex trafficker.

For a dweeby white politician running in a heavily African-American state, what could be the downside from getting an endorsement from a relatively prominent local rapper? Well, for Maryland Del. Jon Cardin, a candidate to be state attorney general, it’s when the rapper Ski Money turns out be under indictment for 22 counts of human trafficking and prostitution.

Ski Money, whose given name is Lawrence Christian, has had a number of brushes with the law in the past, including a conviction for drug dealing. But he showed at up a May fundraiser held by Paul Gardner, a disbarred lawyer best known for representing Tareq and Michaele Salahi, the publicity seeking couple who crashed a White House state dinner in 2009, and cut the Maryland Democrat a check for $100. Afterwards, he tweeted his support of Cardin, which the candidate retweeted, then it all came tumbling down.

Once it was discovered that Ski Money was an accused human trafficker, Cardin quickly backtracked. He put out a statement where he said “I am appalled to hear of these charges and had no prior knowledge of them. I do not accept Mr. Christian’s support. I’ve actively fought to eradicate human trafficking throughout my political career.” The campaign also refunded Ski Money’s donation.

However, in an interview with The Daily Beast, Ski Money said he still stood by Cardin and was “trying to be a voice for the streets cause the streets are not vocal.” Ski Money, who told The Daily Beast that he had just been signed by Roc Nation Records, said “I come from nothing, used to eat out of trash can. If we had a Democrat like Jon Cardin in office, I wouldn’t have gone through that turmoil.” He added “I strongly believe we need to kill this monster called racism in the country.” (Roc Nation did not respond to multiple requests to confirm that they had signed the rapper to their label.)

Read more at http://blurbrain.com/democrat-maryland-attorney-general-candidate-ignorantly-hobnobs-sex-trafficking-pimp/#EyhVrUTvwjyLhHWB.99
Read more at http://blurbrain.com/democrat-maryland-attorney-general-candidate-ignorantly-hobnobs-sex-trafficking-pimp/#EyhVrUTvwjyLhHWB.99