Author Topic: White House Passing the Buck to Biden to Deal with Iraq Crisis  (Read 269 times)

Online rangerrebew

• America defending Veteran
  • TBR Contributor
"Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, religion and morality are indispensable supports. In vain would that man claim tribute to patriotism who should labor to subvert these great pillars of human happiness -- these firmest props of the duties of men and citizens. . . . reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principles."
George Washington

"Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become more corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters."
Benjamin Franklin

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Re: White House Passing the Buck to Biden to Deal with Iraq Crisis
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2014, 09:34:08 PM »
Now there is a headline to make you shudder.

I'm starting to look at a certain wag the dog scenario here - and it's based on an assumption that most here will dismiss.

That Biden is not stupid. Every "gaffe" is meticulously planned and crafted, as are some of the more secure leaks from the administration. He wants to be President. To do that, well, he needs to somehow destroy Hillary and look competent. A serious Republican win of the Senate would only aid his cause - should Republicans win big, there is going to be overwhelming pressure to impeach and remove Obama, giving Biden the additional advantage in '16 of being the acting President.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2014, 09:45:07 PM »
Now there is a headline to make you shudder.

I'm starting to look at a certain wag the dog scenario here - and it's based on an assumption that most here will dismiss.

That Biden is not stupid. Every "gaffe" is meticulously planned and crafted, as are some of the more secure leaks from the administration. He wants to be President. To do that, well, he needs to somehow destroy Hillary and look competent. A serious Republican win of the Senate would only aid his cause - should Republicans win big, there is going to be overwhelming pressure to impeach and remove Obama, giving Biden the additional advantage in '16 of being the acting President.

So, it's possible that Joe Biden could be an idiot savant or something like that.  Even though he says some pretty stupid stuff, there has got to be some kind of political savvy to have gotten him this far in life.  When I see him, I do see a large capacity for evil and cunning thought. 

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2014, 10:34:45 PM »
So, it's possible that Joe Biden could be an idiot savant or something like that.  Even though he says some pretty stupid stuff, there has got to be some kind of political savvy to have gotten him this far in life.  When I see him, I do see a large capacity for evil and cunning thought.

He reminds me of Claudius. While others hid their wealth from Caligula, Claudius hid his intelligence. Spent time with the little people. Became Emperor - and a rather successful one.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2014, 12:09:40 AM »

Recall that Joe Biden was brought onto the ticket because of his supposed extensive foreign policy experience....even though former Defense Secretary Bob Gates claims Biden has been wrong on every foreign policy decision for the last 40 years.  Biden was sold as the Administration's ace in the hole for foreign policy....what we are seeing unfold in Iraq is exactly what Biden has been calling for for years; the partition of Iraq.

:smokin:
« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 12:10:21 AM by Chieftain »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf