Author Topic: GOP on Iraq: We told you so  (Read 393 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
GOP on Iraq: We told you so
« on: June 12, 2014, 04:46:44 PM »

Support the USO

Offline Ford289HiPo

• Don't take life seriously; No one gets out alive
Re: GOP on Iraq: We told you so
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2014, 05:37:21 PM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Withdrawal_of_U.S._troops_from_Iraq

We broke it (Iraq), then through ineptness, we walked away and left this outrage in our wake. Shades of Vietnam.....will this be the future of American military policy?
I wonder when the lies will stop and truth begin, even as grim as the truth may be. And then I remember that for 70 years, the reign of terror in Russia called itself "the people's government." We have so far to fall, yet we are falling fast and Hell yawns to receive us.

Online Fishrrman

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2014, 10:41:51 PM »
Ford wrote:
[[ We broke it (Iraq), then through ineptness, we walked away and left this outrage in our wake. Shades of Vietnam.....will this be the future of American military policy? ]]

Two possible answers:
1. Yes.
2. There probably isn't going to be much of a future for "American military policy".

Chinese military policy, perhaps...???
Now yer talkin' !!!

Offline Ford289HiPo

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2014, 02:59:24 PM »

2. There probably isn't going to be much of a future for "American military policy".

Chinese military policy, perhaps...???

I can see #2. We're a laughing stock, if not flat out distrusted by the rest of the world. Every bureaucrat in DC is totally out of touch with reality.

The Chinese are seeing an opening.
I wonder when the lies will stop and truth begin, even as grim as the truth may be. And then I remember that for 70 years, the reign of terror in Russia called itself "the people's government." We have so far to fall, yet we are falling fast and Hell yawns to receive us.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
    • The place where argument addicts can go
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2014, 03:51:29 PM »
A bit presumptuous to believe we hold the power, to reverse 1400 years of sunni-shia conflict.

Bush sought "nation building" around the notion these people were capable of modern democracy.

Obama just wanted to bug-out. Bush's original notion was ambitious to the extent of being totally unrealistic.

Instead of trying to arrange which sides rule these peoples, we should have done and do more to show them the deadly result, if they phuque with us again.

Why should we prop up one side over the other? Why not encourage perpetual conflict, throughout the region? Let the rest of the world deal with it. Let them shed blood and drain treasure, if it is important to them.

We should drill, frack, arm ourselves with the means to destroy anybody that attacks us. Not nationbuild them, destroy them.

We were totally mistaken to not destroy Afghanistan. We were mistaken to invade and nationbuild Iraq.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline olde north church

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2014, 06:26:15 PM »
I can see #2. We're a laughing stock, if not flat out distrusted by the rest of the world. Every bureaucrat in DC is totally out of touch with reality.

The Chinese are seeing an opening.

A who plays the part of the 2 million dead Cambodians?  Jordanians?  Kuwaitis?
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Online Fishrrman

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2014, 09:20:22 PM »
olde north church wrote above:
[[ A who plays the part of the 2 million dead Cambodians?  Jordanians?  Kuwaitis? ]]

Frankly, so long as it's two million islamics, who cares?
The more of them that kill each other, the better.
No apologies for that remark.

But I don't want to see the blood of one more American soldier or civilian wasted there.

Let's get out of their way, and may the best muslim win....

Offline Ford289HiPo

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2014, 10:32:21 PM »
A who plays the part of the 2 million dead Cambodians?  Jordanians?  Kuwaitis?

After seeing they way they act towards us after we saved their fourth-point-of-contact in 91, I vote for the Kuwaiti's.

Offline collins

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2014, 10:38:42 PM »
Yeah, but "told you so" is small comfort. It was always bizarre that a timeline was set to withdraw anyways, all that does is give your opposition a planner.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• Krampus
  • Angry goat-like creature
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2014, 07:50:57 AM »
A bit presumptuous to believe we hold the power, to reverse 1400 years of sunni-shia conflict.
We do.

It's just that it would take every thermonuclear weapon in our silos and require the entire Middle East-- Israel included-- to be leveled into a wasteland that makes Chernobyl look like the Amazon rainforest.

And we don't have the fortitude to pull that off.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf