Author Topic:  (Read 703 times)

Online rangerrebew

• America defending Veteran
  • TBR Contributor
« on: June 12, 2014, 01:47:50 PM »
« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 01:51:33 PM by rangerrebew »
"Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, religion and morality are indispensable supports. In vain would that man claim tribute to patriotism who should labor to subvert these great pillars of human happiness -- these firmest props of the duties of men and citizens. . . . reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principles."
George Washington

"Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become more corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters."
Benjamin Franklin

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2014, 06:25:32 PM »

Offline Bigun

• The income tax: Root of all evil!
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2014, 07:04:36 PM »

Offline Bigun

• The income tax: Root of all evil!
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2014, 07:11:26 PM »

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2014, 07:39:03 PM »
Although I find it a VERY difficult thing for me to do I must admit that I'm getting very close to agreeing with her on this!

I know what you mean Bigun, it is very difficult to come to grips with so much of it.  (I often feel that I am torn between believing what I *want* to believe, versus what I should admit to being the current reality.  I think that a lot of us are plagued by this from time to time; more now than ever perhaps...)

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Currently Thinking of a Clever Avatar
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2014, 10:00:23 PM »

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2014, 10:04:14 PM »
Nobody really gives a damn what the psychotic Ann Barnhardt thinks.  She maintains she's Catholic, yet, if you read some of her other posts, she hates everything about the Catholic Church. 

And, apparently, she hates everything about this country.

In other words, she's a total waste of skin.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2014, 10:13:10 PM »

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2014, 10:14:04 PM »
Nobody really gives a damn what the psychotic Ann Barnhardt thinks.  She maintains she's Catholic, yet, if you read some of her other posts, she hates everything about the Catholic Church. 

Thanks, Sink. I've always liked you. You have standards.

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2014, 10:20:49 PM »
Actually, a lot of people here have standards, and they're grounded in the real world. I like that.

Online andy58-in-nh

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2014, 10:51:40 PM »
Ms. Barnhardt appears to me both irresponsible and intemperate. Violence is not the answer to our problems, nor is it the proper response to those who are tearing down our nation. The answer is to promote and to live the virtues they lack: honor, decency, enterprise, faith, charity, and love. Even in the face of hatred, we need to be better people.

Martin Luther King had the answer. He understood that the best way to oppose injustice and mindless hatred was to practice virtue until it becomes an unstoppable force.

I am under no illusion. Obama and especially those around him are dangerous. But we must not give in to the temptations they seek and thereby present the moment they wish to seize upon in order to secure their power.  We must be resolute and virtuous, even while armed and ready to defend our rights in self-defense. But mindless anger only serves to feed the beast that freedom-loving people now face and given human nature, will always face.   
Liberalism isn't really about making the world a better place. It's about reassuring the elites that they are good people for wanting to rule over it.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
    • The place where argument addicts can go
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2014, 01:22:19 AM »
She's a lunatic.
The rant is calling for violence, plain and simple.

I believe this site should not be associated with this type of material.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Fishrrman

« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2014, 10:46:05 PM »
[[ There is only one way these people will ever, ever, ever be stopped.  They must be forcefully, physically removed. ]]

The lady may be ranting and slightly off-her-rocker, but even a lunatic can be on point and hit the target now and then.

If things here keep going the way they're going, the time may arrive when Americans (at least the conservative and traditional ones) face only two possible futures:
1. Submission to a totalitarian left supported by the growing power of a police state,
or
2. Band together and resist.

We're seeing these days how well peaceful resistance seems to be working.
If that isn't going to work, what other choices might there be ?

Didn't Thomas Jefferson pen a famous essay about that himself, back 'round 1776 ??
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 10:47:13 PM by Fishrrman »

Offline AbaraXas

• ?? ??????? ?????
  • Technical
  • Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2014, 11:01:23 PM »

Offline AbaraXas

• ?? ??????? ?????
  • Technical
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2014, 11:04:17 PM »

I do recall that she loved bearing false witness about the last several popes. Not just the basic, I disagree with XYZ principle stuff, but ought and ought, they were the antichrist stuff. She completely flipped out that the current pope was a tool of satan when he had the gall to promote mass in a language other than Latin. (shock!!).

Offline AbaraXas

• ?? ??????? ?????
  • Technical
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2014, 11:16:42 PM »
Ms. Barnhardt has crossed a line. Advocating the violent overthrow of the government.

Something else she doesn't get (if she isn't a honey trap) is that even if successful, it doesn't change the fundamental problem- America as a whole is losing her spirit. We have the government we have because people as a whole, made it that way. They voted for who would give them the most cookies. Even our side (Conservatives and Libertarians) have also become in many ways, just more groups that are looking for 'someone from the government who is here to help'. We almost always frame our responses based on something in DC changing and someone in DC doing something. Our side often loves to let use the government as its own sledge hammer if it is for an issue we like. I actually saw a tea party leader earlier cheering a man cited for expressing free speech (holding a sign warning of a police roadblock).

You aren't going to change a thing until we change the hearts and minds from the ground up.

Offline Fishrrman

« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2014, 09:59:51 AM »
"On the last day before a revolution a farmer left his house, remembered he was being paid to let the whole farm run to grass, drove to town, shot pool, cashed a check and got drunk;
Thirty thousand spectators at a demolition derby ran amok in the parking lot -- ten thousand cars were demolished. There were no survivors;
The troops were brought home to suppress rowdyism in Congress. They were suckered into an ambush in the cloakrooms and corrupted to death. Their commander called for more troops, as did William F. Buckley (with high wit);
The president hosted a ball of U.N. delegates. Showing perfect diplomacy, the guests all brown-bagged;
Harlem was silent -- Darien danced till dawn;
Con Ed representatives fanned through the streets, making explanations;
The next morning the revolution broke out, taking everyone by complete surprise."

- Tom Paxton, 1968 ("Morning Again" album rear cover notes)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf