Author Topic: As Iraq Crumbles, Obama Responds by John Hinderaker  (Read 250 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
As Iraq Crumbles, Obama Responds by John Hinderaker
« on: June 12, 2014, 04:57:42 pm »
http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2014/06/as-iraq-crumbles-obama-responds.php

Posted on June 12, 2014 by John Hinderaker in Iraq, Obama Foreign Policy
As Iraq Crumbles, Obama Responds

As I wrote last night, the situation in Iraq has grown dire. The heretofore unthinkable possibility that an al Qaeda branch could gain control of the majority of OPEC’s second-largest oil producer is suddenly on the table. What does the Obama administration have to say about the crisis in Iraq? Bloomberg News reports:

The U.S. has yet to respond to a request from Iraq made last month to mount air attacks against militant training camps in western Iraq, according to two American officials who asked not to be identified discussing internal deliberations. One of the officials said President Barack Obama is reluctant to revisit a war that he opposed and has repeatedly declared over.

That’s a remarkably candid response, I think. The war is over, but someone forgot to tell the other side.

Close aides to President Obama are telling confidantes that Obama has checked out and is no longer interested in being president. It would have been nice, I suppose, if he could at least have made it to the midpoint of his second term.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34