Author Topic: Rainbow Flags Flying Over U.S. Embassies Overseas  (Read 1857 times)

rangerrebew

Rainbow Flags Flying Over U.S. Embassies Overseas
« on: June 12, 2014, 04:18:36 pm »
Gay pride flag flies over US Embassy in Tel Aviv

Welcome to Sodom's new headquarters

By: Steve Berman (Diary)  |  June 11th, 2014 at 07:55 PM  |  23

The U.S. Ambassador to Israel, Dan Shapiro, has hoisted the gay pride flag over the embassy building in Tel Aviv.  Todd Starnes grabbed the pic from the embassy’s Facebook page.

“Proudly flying the colors,” Ambassador Dan Shapiro wrote on the embassy’s Facebook page. He posted a photograph showing a rainbow colored flag flying alongside the American flag outside the embassy in Tel Aviv.

“For the first time in history, the U.S. Embassy in Tel Aviv has raised the Pride flag together with our American flag,” Shapiro wrote. “We are proud to join with the municipality of Tel Aviv-Yafo and its residents in celebrating LGBT Pride Week.”

This is not the first time the rainbow colors have flown over a U.S. embassy.  On May 15, it was flown over the Madrid embassy in Spain.  This is the new trend:  the values the Obama projects to the world as “American” are increasingly out of touch with Americans.

Yet, in our military, Bibles are banned, in the Air Force academy, Bible verses are erased from cadet white boards, while Christian bakers are sent for re-education for not bowing to gay marriage.  A president for all the people?  Not hardly.

http://www.redstate.com/diary/lifeofgrace/2014/06/11/gay-pride-flag-flies-us-embassy-tel-aviv/
« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 04:19:06 pm by rangerrebew »

rangerrebew

Rainbow Flag Flies over U.S. Embassy in Madrid
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2014, 04:20:42 pm »
Rainbow Flag Flies over U.S. Embassy in Madrid

by Austin Ruse  21 May 2014 887  post a comment 

The Obama administration seems to have forgotten the International Day of the Family last week that was celebrated at the UN and around the world May 15.

Yet the administration was very enthusiastic about the May 17th celebration of the International Day Against Homophobia and Transphobia, issuing proclamations by the Secretary of Defense and a statement by the President. Moreover, at least one ambassador flew the rainbow flag over his embassy.

Spanish papers reported that the rainbow flag flew over the U.S. Embassy in Madrid for at least one day last week and that former Home Box Office executive, now openly gay U.S. Ambassador James Costos flew the rainbow flag over his official residence.

President Obama compared gay rights to the fight for civil rights of African-Americans:

This year, the United States celebrates the 60th anniversary of Brown v. Board of Education, the 50th anniversary of the Civil Rights Act, and the 45th anniversary of the Stonewall riots. In doing so, we reflect on lessons learned from our own civil rights struggles and reaffirm our commitment to ensuring that the human rights of all people are universally protected.

In his proclamation noting the day, Secretary Kerry said:

It’s not lost on anyone that this year’s International Day Against Homophobia and Transphobia (IDAHO) coincides with the 60th anniversary of the ruling in Brown v. Board of Education. Our commitment to advancing the human rights of LGBT persons is part of this country’s long history of fighting to ensure that all people can exercise their human rights.

Kerry went on to signal that the administration is willing to pressure private companies and religious groups:

This past week, we convened religious leaders and representatives of faith-based organizations to think about how we work together to promote and protect the human rights of LGBT persons. Next week, we will convene meetings with our private sector allies to discuss the important role of the business community in promoting equality and the ways we can partner through the Global Equality Fund.

While the administration was practically shouting about gay rights, it seemed to be completely silent on the family.

The UN celebrated the International Day of the Family, this year being the 20th anniversary of its establishment.

Breitbart News could not find a single statement this year from the administration even recognizing the day. A call to the State Department press office turned up no statements either.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/2014/05/21/Gay-Flag-Flies-over-U-S-Embassy-in-Madrid
« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 04:21:18 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline flowers

http://lastdayswatchman.blogspot.com/2014/06/us-embassy-in-tel-aviv-makes-history-by.html

**nononono*

“For the first time in history,” said a Facebook post from U.S. Ambassador Dan Shapiro, “the U.S. Embassy in Tel Aviv has raised the Pride flag together with our American flag.”

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Re: Rainbow Flags Flying Over U.S. Embassies Overseas
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2014, 11:56:36 pm »
Based on Obama's military standing, I would say that this is an accurate representation of his positions.

BTW, apparently these idiots do not know that there are millions of radical Arabs, who kill homosexuals on sight, in and around Israel.

This will be viewed as a direct insult to them and will represent the debauchery of the West. This will validate to the terrorists that their fight is in fact correct.

This will serve only to move this location up to the top on the list of locations to attack, and meanwhile, it accomplishes nothing good.

America is the most 'stupid' and adamantly 'politically correct' country on the planet. And their moronic behavior is getting people killed all over the globe. 
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2014, 11:59:34 pm »
Based on Obama's military standing, I would say that this is an accurate representation of his positions.

BTW, apparently these idiots do not know that there are millions of radical Arabs, who kill homosexuals on sight, in and around Israel.

This will be viewed as a direct insult to them and will represent the debauchery of the West. This will validate to the terrorists that their fight is in fact correct.

This will serve only to move this location up to the top on the list of locations to attack, and meanwhile, it accomplishes nothing good.

America is the most 'stupid' and adamantly 'politically correct' country on the planet. And their moronic behavior is getting people killed all over the globe.

Radical Arabs don't need a flag to kill homosexuals, if they're going to kill them.  Besides, who the hell cares what they think?

Of all the things to get bunched-up panties over, this is at the bottom of the list.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2014, 12:36:50 am »
Radical Arabs don't need a flag to kill homosexuals, if they're going to kill them.  Besides, who the hell cares what they think?

Of all the things to get bunched-up panties over, this is at the bottom of the list.

Once again, you are being an idiot. You cannot comprehend how this is viewed in the M.E.  Flying a gay flag under 'old glory', is an insult to everyone.

But more than that, it is just stupid. Why? What does it do, other than piss everyone off, and disgrace the flag. What if they flew the IBM flag below old glory, what would that represent. Obviously, it represents an affiliation.

As far as "bunched-up panties" goes, where does my post fall on your bunched-up panties list? It can't be at the bottom.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2014, 12:44:22 am »
Under flag etiquette, this sort of arrangement of the flags (the pride flag underneath the U.S. flag on the same staff) would indicate that the homosexual lobby is subservient to the U.S. government; political prisoners, if you will.

I don't think that's what they meant.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2014, 12:50:09 am »
Under flag etiquette, this sort of arrangement of the flags (the pride flag underneath the U.S. flag on the same staff) would indicate that the homosexual lobby is subservient to the U.S. government; political prisoners, if you will.

I don't think that's what they meant.

Sort of. I think you may be technically correct. But that is not how it was done when I was in. For example, when we were doing Ops with the Australians, we flew the flag with the Austrailian flag underneath. It was only meant to indicate that we were a joint force and nothing more than that.

I am sure this is what was meant by flying the homo flag. But my God, could you pick a worst place to do that than the M.E.?

France, Britain, who cares? But doing this in the M.E. has more consequences for everyone.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2014, 12:54:06 am »

Once again, you are being an idiot. You cannot comprehend how this is viewed in the M.E.  Flying a gay flag under 'old glory', is an insult to everyone.

But more than that, it is just stupid. Why? What does it do, other than piss everyone off, and disgrace the flag. What if they flew the IBM flag below old glory, what would that represent. Obviously, it represents an affiliation.

As far as "bunched-up panties" goes, where does my post fall on your bunched-up panties list? It can't be at the bottom.

Thanks for the ad hominem, jerkweed.

Who cares how this is viewed by radical Muslims? Is this just the thing that's going to push a radical Muslim over the edge, to attack an American embassy?   A flag?  Really?

As for an IBM flag, I worked for IBM for 25 years and would love it.

Your post doesn't go on the "bunched-up panties" list.  It goes on the "the only reaction to a rainbow flag will be right here on GBR" list.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2014, 01:20:35 am »
You have no idea what you are talking about. You have never lived in the M.E. nor have you ever been in the military. You are talking out of your ass, whereas I am speaking from first person experience. You have no idea. You are clueless about how the M.E. works. Maybe you go for a visit. I am sure they would love you and your incredibly naive point of view.

You know, I used to think you had some value. But, now I see that you are just one of a million run of the mill A-holes.

By the way, how did that Cantor race turn out, jerkweed? I haven't been keeping up. Who won? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2014, 01:27:42 am »
You have no idea what you are talking about. You have never lived in the M.E. nor have you ever been in the military. You are talking out of your ass, whereas I am speaking from first person experience. You have no idea. You are clueless about how the M.E. works. Maybe you go for a visit. I am sure they would love you and your incredibly naive point of view.

You know, I used to think you had some value. But, now I see that you are just one of a million run of the mill A-holes.

By the way, how did that Cantor race turn out, jerkweed? I haven't been keeping up. Who won? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

So, you double down on the ad hominems. 

I'm willing to put down a wager.  I'll bet you $1000 that there is no major reaction (i.e., attack) due to the raising of the rainbow flag over the US embassy in Tel Aviv.

As for run-of-the-mill aholes, if you aren't willing to put your money where your big fat mouth is, then you're on the "I'm a big bleep" list.

As for the Cantor race, I live in Texas.  I don't get to vote in Virginia.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2014, 01:38:23 am »
Come on man, we're just having fun. I do not understand why you are obsessing on the 'attack' part of my statement. I only said that the flag would symbolize to them that America is all they already think it is.

There is no reason to provoke or tease them. And that is what this idiocy does. Muslims attack over a cartoon. It does not take much to get them going. That was my point, not they would attack. That was a side note, an offhand remark, not the crux or point of what I was saying.

I've have lived with Muslims and speak a little Arabic. I know how they think and they will consider this to be a validation of what they think of America, and they will be insulted to have it flown in their part of the the world.

Homosexuals in Muslims territories must be horrified by this, because it puts them in more danger than they already are by bring the issue to the front of everyone's attention. And it may very well be used to goad attacks on Israel and Israelies.

But nevermind. You are right, it is not all that important. I'm bored with this topic now. Good discussion.
Thank you for the interaction.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 01:40:01 am by 240B »

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2014, 01:46:18 am »
Come on man, we're just having fun. I do not understand why you are obsessing on the 'attack' part of my statement. I only said that the flag would symbolize to them that America is all they already think it is.

There is no reason to provoke or tease them. And that is what this idiocy does. Muslims attack over a cartoon. It does not take much to get them going. That was my point, not they would attack. That was a side note, an offhand remark, not the crux or point of what I was saying.

I've have lived with Muslims and speak a little Arabic. I know how they think and they will consider this to be a validation of what they think of America, and they will be insulted to have it flown in their part of the the world.

Homosexuals in Muslims territories must be horrified by this, because it puts them in more danger than they already are by bring the issue to the front of everyone's attention. And it may very well be used to goad attacks on Israel and Israelies.

But nevermind. You are right, it is not all that important. I'm bored with this topic now. Good discussion.
Thank you for

the interaction.

Strange way you have "fun."  Insults and demeaning language.

Thanks for proving my point.  Good night.