Author Topic:  (Read 221 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
« on: June 12, 2014, 11:08:20 AM »

Support the USO

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2014, 11:46:04 AM »
The fly in the ointment is that the Democrats have to figure out a way to drag their raggedy-assed constituency to the polls.   

Their euphoria over "Republican extremism" (when haven't the Democrats labeled the Republicans extreme) will fade as Iraq boils over and premium increases due to Obamacare start hitting mailboxes in September and October.

All this concern over Cantor's loss in a district with 60,000 votes seems overwrought to me.  Nobody I work with even knows about it, so how does this signal some seismic shift?  I just don't see it.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline speekinout

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2014, 04:32:13 PM »
The dims are up to their usual tricks. They're taking one fact and twisting it to fit their narrative. The media will, as usual, carry the water for them.
They can try to blame Cantor's loss on whatever issue of the day they choose, or they can try to blame disagreements between different factions of the GOP. But Cantor lost because he had been spending too much time worrying about his leadership position and too little thinking about his constituents. I know it's too much to hope that the GOP would recognize that, and talk about how they all have learned from the loss. But they could appeal to a lot of people if they did...

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf