Author Topic: Tea Party Candidate Says It's OK To Stone Gays To Death  (Read 754 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Tea Party Candidate Says It's OK To Stone Gays To Death
« on: June 12, 2014, 06:23:05 am »
Who has the face-palm picture?

Scott Esk, a Republican Tea Party candidate in Oklahoma, got into a debate on Facebook last summer in which he advocated killing homosexuals.

“I think we would be totally in the right to do it,” Esk wrote in comments uncovered by Oklahoma journalist Rob Morris. “That goes against some parts of libertarianism, I realize, and I’m largely libertarian, but ignoring as a nation things that are worthy of death is very remiss.”

When pressed, Esk added: "I never said I would author legislation to put homosexuals to death, but I didn’t have a problem with it."

Esk is running for the state's House of Representatives. The primary is scheduled for June 24.

When contacted by Morris, who runs the news outlet Moore Daily, Esk didn't deny making the comments or back down from the rhetoric.

"That was done in the Old Testament under a law that came directly from God and in that time there it was totally just. It came directly from God," Esk said, adding: "I have no plans to reinstitute that in Oklahoma law. I do have some very huge moral misgivings about those kinds of sins."

Read more - or don't, it is HuffPo: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/06/11/scott-esk-stoning-gays_n_5486678.html

The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline sinkspur

Re: Tea Party Candidate Says It's OK To Stone Gays To Death
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2014, 02:25:32 pm »
The Oklahoma GOP is anxious to snatch the looney-bin label from Texas.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2014, 02:29:09 pm »
Who has the face-palm picture?

"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Oceander

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2014, 02:42:26 pm »

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2014, 02:43:24 pm »
If in context, this is precisely the moronic crap that splashes on the entire Tea Party.  Stick to fiscal discipline, national security and Constitutional fidelity. 
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Oceander

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2014, 02:43:30 pm »

Offline Relic

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2014, 02:47:43 pm »
At it's core, the Tea Party was a good idea. Then, the media branded it as an extremist movement. The public bought it. Among those that bought it, apparently, are extremists who gravitated to the Tea Party. There is this idiot, then there is Brat stepping in it over on MSNBC.

We are so screwed.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2014, 03:05:21 pm »
Opinions are like anuses. Everybody's got one. If he could drive a car and manage a shave, I suppose he can't hurt himself or others.  Well, whatever.

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2014, 03:21:37 pm »

I'm sure that good ol' Rob Morris would find the most unflattering statements made by a candidate he supports and do the same thing.  NOT!

Commies make plenty of stupid comments themselves, the media just ignores them.

Everybody says things they would like to take back.  When the media is your enemy however, you must treat them as the enemy...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline aligncare

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2014, 03:59:07 pm »
For the next selection allow me to present ...

Prelude to a face palm:

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2014, 10:40:36 pm »
One of five candidates seeking the statehouse seat vacated by Mike Reynolds (R).

The others are Chad Olsen, Chris Kannady, David Monlux and Jon Painter. I can't really tell who the favorite is at this point, but it's obviously a crowded field.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024