Author Topic: BREAKING: Phoenix FBI Office Launches Criminal Investigation Into VA Scandal Katie Pavlich  (Read 693 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2014/06/11/breaking-fbi-launches-criminal-investigation-into-phoenix-va-n1850323/print

BREAKING: Phoenix FBI Office Launches Criminal Investigation Into VA Scandal
Katie Pavlich
6/11/2014 12:43:00 PM

Since revelations of secret wait lists and veteran deaths at VA medical facilities surfaced two months ago, lawmakers on both sides of the political aisle have been pressing the Department of Justice to open up a criminal investigation into the ongoing VA scandal. According to CBS News, the FBI office in Phoenix has launched that criminal probe.

JUST IN: FBI Director James Comey says the Phoenix office of the FBI has opened a criminal investigation of the VA scandal.
    — CBS Evening News (@CBSEveningNews) June 11, 2014

Phoenix was the first location where whistleblowers exposed potential criminal wrongdoing and stated veterans had died as a result of long wait times for care. As of now, we know the VA scandal includes more than 40 hospitals in dozens of states and that 120,000 veterans have experienced improper delays. The question now is whether the criminal probe will stop in Phoenix or expand to other locations embroiled in controversy.

UPDATE: More details:

Comey confirmed the bureau's involvement during a hearing before the House Judiciary Committee. Officials previously made clear that federal prosecutors were helping in an inspector general investigation, but the probe by Phoenix FBI agents marks a new phase.

The additional probe comes as internal audits show the expanding scope of the scandal where thousands of military veterans endured long wait times for VA medical care, and VA officials apparently covered up those wait times in order to make their internal numbers look better.

Lawmakers were moving on a separate track on Capitol Hill to address the scandal. The Senate was poised to vote by Thursday on a measure making it easier for veterans who have encountered delays getting initial visits to receive VA-paid treatment from local doctors instead. The measure closely resembles a bill approved unanimously Tuesday in the House, prompting optimism among lawmakers from both parties that a compromise version could be on its way soon to President Obama for his signature.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Oceander

we shall see; the FBI is still part of the Just-Us Department, after all.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
We can look forward to a vigorous, independent and unbiased investigation, under the direction of Eric Holder.

NOT
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Oceander

We can look forward to a vigorous, independent and unbiased investigation, under the direction of Eric Holder.

NOT

I wish I could laugh, but it's too much of a tragedy for that.

Offline truth_seeker

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2014/06/03/turley_obama_the_president_that_richard_nixon_always_wanted_to_be.html

"JONATHAN TURLEY: Well, I think that the biggest problem we have is that the system itself, if we have a dominant branch, simply begins to shut down in terms of the safeguards. People don't seem to understand that the separation of powers is not about the power of these branches, it's there to protect individual liberty, it's there to protect us from the concentration of power. That's what is occurring here. You know, I've said it before, Barack Obama is really the president Richard Nixon always wanted to be. You know, he's been allowed to act unilaterally in a way that we've fought for decades."

Both Nixon and Obama sought to use the IRS against their political opponents. With Nixon it was spelled out as a charge in Article 2, of his impeachment.

Unfortunately the over zealous GOP ruined the usefulness of impeachment, going after popular Clinton, for relatively minor indiscretions, IMO.

Now with truly serious violations of public trust, the GOP cannot use impeachment, lest the public punish them in the elections.

Oceander

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2014/06/03/turley_obama_the_president_that_richard_nixon_always_wanted_to_be.html

"JONATHAN TURLEY: Well, I think that the biggest problem we have is that the system itself, if we have a dominant branch, simply begins to shut down in terms of the safeguards. People don't seem to understand that the separation of powers is not about the power of these branches, it's there to protect individual liberty, it's there to protect us from the concentration of power. That's what is occurring here. You know, I've said it before, Barack Obama is really the president Richard Nixon always wanted to be. You know, he's been allowed to act unilaterally in a way that we've fought for decades."

Both Nixon and Obama sought to use the IRS against their political opponents. With Nixon it was spelled out as a charge in Article 2, of his impeachment.

Unfortunately the over zealous GOP ruined the usefulness of impeachment, going after popular Clinton, for relatively minor indiscretions, IMO.

Now with truly serious violations of public trust, the GOP cannot use impeachment, lest the public punish them in the elections.

seek and ye shall find.  that is God's own truth there.  I like the analogy of Obama to the president Nixon wanted to be; that succinctly draws the (frightening) parallels between the two.

Offline truth_seeker

seek and ye shall find.  that is God's own truth there.  I like the analogy of Obama to the president Nixon wanted to be; that succinctly draws the (frightening) parallels between the two.
It is useful politically. Nixon is almost universally condemned for his scandal.

Politically some democrats might pay attention, to comparisons of Obama to Nixon, made by a respected liberal like Turley.

For November 2014 voters need to be made to fear democrat power, and see Republican power as the means to block Obama.

"I like my democrat opponent. He is a nice man. But he will vote with Obama almost every time. And we need to prevent that. Obama simply has too much power, too much corruption, and too many scandals."

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

I wish I could laugh, but it's too much of a tragedy for that.

Indeed!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online mountaineer

we shall see; the FBI is still part of the Just-Us Department, after all.
Yeah. Would the AG have to sign off on this?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Oceander

Yeah. Would the AG have to sign off on this?

not necessarily on the investigation, although he could quash it if he wanted to, but probably on any decision to prosecute, which would be done by a USA, not the FBI.

rangerrebew

If Obama's name pops up in any way as a problem, you can bet your sweet bippy this will be quashed or the information "lost."