Author Topic: Clintons left White House 'in debt'  (Read 2016 times)

Offline Relic

Re: Hillary Clinton backpedals on ‘dead broke’ comments
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2014, 04:17:31 pm »
That leopard isn't going to change its spots...

That's pretty damning. Unfortunately, if she runs, that will be buried like a turd in a catbox.

Online GourmetDan

« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2014, 04:19:57 pm »
That's pretty damning. Unfortunately, if she runs, that will be buried like a turd in a catbox.

Not if people keep re-posting it...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline xfreeper

« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2014, 05:27:06 pm »
Hillary Clinton backpedals on ‘dead broke’ comments

Sounds fimiliar. Just like she did about being under fire in Iraq. She back pedals so well she can probably moon walk

Online GourmetDan

« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2014, 06:10:39 pm »

Sounds fimiliar. Just like she did about being under fire in Iraq. She back pedals so well she can probably moon walk

How 'bout them snipers in Bosnia?

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

rangerrebew

- The PJ Tatler - http://pjmedia.com/tatler -

Hillary Clinton: On Second Thought, Maybe We Weren’t Really ‘Dead Broke’

Posted By Bryan Preston On June 10, 2014 @ 10:03 am In Politics | 4 Comments

She’s the most overrated politician in America! She thinks she’s brilliant but she’s really mediocre! She’s Hillary Clinton, the millionaire who makes more money on one speech than you make in a few years, and wants you to feel sorry for her!

Hillary Rodham Clinton on Tuesday sought to contain the damage done by her comment that she and her husband were “dead broke” after he left the White House, saying that she understands the economic challenges facing many Americans.

“Let me just clarify … I fully appreciate how hard life is so for many Americans today,” Clinton said during a live interview on ABC News. “It’s an issue I’ve worked on and cared about my entire adult life.”

Yeah, right. The Clintons are a couple who have lived off of the taxpayer for their entire adult lives, and Hillary has lived entirely off of her husband as well. Well, that, plus graft. Don’t forget the graft, the cattle futures, the insanely profitable book deals, etc. Hillary Clinton is where she is precisely because she stood by her man. Her designer pantsuits cost more than your car.

Hillary spent the original interview justifying why she and Bill charge $200,000 a pop for giving speeches. She actually said it is better than getting a job — better as in more moral, not better as in so it’s easy she’d be a fool not to take advantage of the opportunity.

Article printed from The PJ Tatler: http://pjmedia.com/tatler

URL to article: http://pjmedia.com/tatler/2014/06/10/hillary-clinton-on-second-thought-maybe-we-werent-really-dead-broke/

Offline evadR

« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2014, 09:36:23 pm »

YUP

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/jun/10/hillary-clinton-clarifies-poverty-quip-everything/
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline evadR

Re: Clintons left White House 'in debt'
« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2014, 10:10:06 pm »
Shoulda sold some cattle futures

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
If only the tens of millions of American ciphers who are going to vote for her would have a few "second thoughts", as well.

But of course not.

Sure as #*#$#, we're going to have to endure this woman for eight [more] years in the White House.

Unless health issues come into play.

Who's gonna be her V.P. ???
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 01:51:59 am by Fishrrman »

rangerrebew

Clinton goes from “dead broke” to “obviously blessed”
« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2014, 11:44:51 am »
Clinton goes from “dead broke” to “obviously blessed”

By: Claire E. Healey   
6/10/2014 03:39 PM

Hillary Clinton retracted a statement she made Monday that she and Bill were “dead broke” when they left the White House. Instead, she called herself “obviously blessed” this morning on “Good Morning America.”

“Let me just clarify that I fully appreciate how hard life is for so many Americans today,” Clinton said. “Bill and I were obviously blessed. We worked hard for everything we got in our lives and we continue to work hard, and we’ve been blessed in the last 14 years.”

Clinton’s earlier statement about her financial struggles was in defense of the money she has made through numerous speaking engagements. She said that she and Bill were in debt due to their daughter Chelsea’s education costs and the payments incurred from their multiple mortgages. They also had astronomical legal fees.

She added as part of her amendment this morning:

“As I recall we were something like $12 million in debt. We have a life experience that is clearly different in very dramatic ways from many Americans, but we also have gone through some of the same challenges as many people have. I worry a lot about people I know personally and people in this country who don’t have the same opportunities that we’ve been given.”

http://www.humanevents.com/2014/06/10/clinton-goes-from-dead-broke-to-obviously-blessed/
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 11:45:31 am by rangerrebew »

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Re: Clinton goes from “dead broke” to “obviously blessed”
« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2014, 11:56:22 am »
I worry a lot about people I know personally

That is sure to comfort anyone who recalls that Amb. Stevens were a personal friend of yours. :whistle:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

rangerrebew

Hillary Aide: The Clintons ‘Have a Life and a Set of Expectations that Are Different’ from Middle Class

Author:  Editor

Posted: June 10, 2014

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nq_4rqP0l4s

On CNN, Kiki McLean, former senior adviser to Hillary Clinton’s failed 2008 presidential run and a former aide to President Bill Clinton defended Hillary Clinton, doubled down on Hillary’s claim that she was “dead broke” and “struggled” after leaving the White House.

According to McClean, you and I have vastly different expectations than the ruling political class, which the Clintons are part of:

“There’s nothing fair with anybody who would insinuate that Hillary Clinton doesn’t understand the struggle of a middle class family,” McLean said. “She certainly grew up with one. And she gave a statement of fact when President Clinton and Mrs. Clinton left the White House, they were dead broke. Now, they have a life and a set of expectations that are different, and they’ve been fortunate to make some money.”

Hillary’s original comments made her sound out of touch, as if she spends all of her time with wealthy donors and thus feels poor in comparison.

To see how much wealth the Clintons have amassed shows you just how dysfunctional our government is.

But turning this horrible gaffe into a point worth defending is quite an impressive feat. Great job, Kiki!

http://www.thepoliticalinsider.com/hillary-aide-the-clintons-have-a-life-and-a-set-of-expectations-that-are-different-from-middle-class/
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 12:27:36 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2014, 01:16:25 pm »
Shucks, we wuz so broke: Clintons’ tale of woe is an insult to working Americans
By John Podhoretz
June 11, 2014 | 4:05am
New York Post
"We came out of the White House not only dead broke, but in debt. We had no money when we got there and we struggled to, you know, piece together the resources for mortgages for houses, for Chelsea’s education, you know, it was not easy.” — Hillary Clinton to Diane Sawyer

From the archives of the Westchester County Oral History Project, testimony of Hillary Rodham Clinton:

Times was hard back in ’01. I don’t mind saying. Hard. A — what’s that word? Struggle. That ware whut it was. Our time of struggle.

It waren’t just the lumbago keepin’ me up so bad I’d have to make myself a poultice of witch hazel and neem bark that was learned to me back in Little Rock by Chelsea’s au pair.

It waren’t just Bill pulling the overnight shift with that slave driver Old Man Burkle which made it so he’d only just be coming home to bed on the private plane right when I had to get up to punch my clock over to the Senate.

’Course Bill was up in the Chappaqua double-wide and I was in the Washington lean-to, but I can’t offend the Lord, I allus knew where Bill was on account of the LoJack I had put in him back in ’98.

I didn’t mind we wasn’t together. I reckoned he liked it up there in Westchester because of the special coffee they had there in that place, whatever it was, Starbucks I think it was called — he said you just couldn’t get it anywhere else that tasted the same.

Still, it was lonely for Bill, him there with no one to talk to but the five Secret Service agents and the stews on Old Man Burkle’s Gulfstream. He was sacrificin’, and I knowed it, and he knowed it too.

Also we had to have a place to keep my carpet bag.

Meantimes, I had to be down in DC for to do my piece tendin’ to the young’uns of New York state. Their folks had done the choosin’ of me back to Election Day and dadgum if I waren’t gonna do my all for them kids.

But that was where the strugglin’ come in, you see. It was them two places, the double-wide and the lean-to. Meantime, Chelsea needed the educating, and that school of hers, Stanford, wouldn’t accept our prize pig in trade for the spring tuition.

We was sore beset. Nights I’d take to sobbin’ over the candle starin’ at the ledger, tryin’ to figure out how to make ends meet. Bill had to go vegan cause we couldn’t even afford the jerky.

I mean, what with the presidential pension, the Arkansas governor’s pension, my paycheck from the gummint, add ’em up and that’s only 400K. I mean, thank the Lord for the Medicaid! I was fixing to apply for the Earned Income Tax Credit, was what I was gonna do.

Some clucked their tongues and said I got me a $8 million advance for my book just before we loaded up the truck and skedaddled out’a the White House. Them people don’t know nothin’.

Firstways, you don’t get the whole eight up front, you only get 2 million of the 8 million, and then your agent skims 200K offa the top a that, so you’re basically left with squat. Chicken feed that ain’t no good even for the chickens.

It waren’t until August 2001 that Bill made his book deal. Yes, it was a big’un, but we didn’t know he was gonna get a $15 million advance! We figgered $20,000 tops.

Even now it’s painin’ me to recall it — the same way it pained me the day I told Diane Sawyer we was “dead broke.”

Diane done paid for it later.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #37 on: June 11, 2014, 01:37:28 pm »

Online GourmetDan

« Reply #38 on: June 11, 2014, 01:45:49 pm »

I am so stealing that one...           :silly:

« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 01:46:10 pm by GourmetDan »

Offline evadR

« Reply #39 on: June 11, 2014, 11:50:03 pm »
A W E S O M E ..
so am I