Author Topic: Rand Paul to Hillary: Come to My State to See What It's Like to Be Poor  (Read 376 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/Paul-Kentucky-Hillary-poor/2014/06/11/id/576358/

Rand Paul to Hillary: Come to My State to See What It's Like to Be Poor
Wednesday, June 11, 2014 08:37 AM

By: Sandy Fitzgerald

If Hillary Clinton wants to see people who are "dead broke," she should come to Kentucky and see people who are really struggling, Sen. Rand Paul said.

"Look at the despair in the faces of people who are losing their jobs because of the president's policies," the Kentucky Republican told The New York Times. "Let them know that her hardship was that she only got eight million bucks for her book."

Clinton told ABC News' Diane Sawyer, in an interview that aired on Monday, that she and her husband, former President Bill Clinton, came out of the White House in 2001 "not only dead broke, but in debt."

She also defended the millions of dollars both she and her husband have collected in book advances and public speaking fees.

On Tuesday, Clinton backtracked slightly, telling ABC "Good Morning America" host Robin Roberts that she appreciates "how hard life is for so many Americans today...it’s an issue that I’ve worked on and cared about my entire adult life."

Paul on Wednesday called Clinton and her husband "disconnected," and he and other Republicans have pounced on her interviews being made during her promotional tour for her new book, "Hard Choices."

Paul also criticized Clinton's comments during the Sawyer interview that the controversy over the Benghazi attacks that left four Americans dead have emboldened her to run for the presidency, since the matter has become so politicized.

Such comments, Paul said, should disqualify her politically from running for higher office.

"This is enormous when you’re talking about a commander in chief," Paul told the Times. "I think it really prevents her from running. I don’t know how she can win."

Paul also on Wednesday continued to attack former President Clinton over his affair with intern Monica Lewinsky.

"Would any corporation hire Bill Clinton if he were 40 years old and not had been a previous president?" he said. "Ask yourself that seriously. No one would hire him."
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34