Author Topic: Feared Uzbek Jihadists behind deadly Pakistan airport attack  (Read 359 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
 ISLAMABAD (Reuters) - In a commando-style attack carried out with military precision, militants wearing Pakistani uniforms burst into the country's busiest airport under cover of darkness in one of the most audacious attacks in Pakistan in years.

Pakistani military officials said the attackers were ethnic Uzbeks who operate under the wings of the Pakistani Taliban in bases dotted around the lawless areas straddling Pakistan's border with Afghanistan.

Uzbek jihadists are a particularly feared force. They are believed to number no more than a few hundred, but the fact that they have no tribal attachments in Pakistan means they are particularly ruthless and indiscriminate.

A smaller force of Chinese Uighur fighters also operates in the region, usually in conjunction with the Uzbeks with whom they share a similar Turkic language and culture, officials say.

Read more: http://news.yahoo.com/feared-uzbek-jihadists-behind-deadly-pakistan-airport-attack-113729576.html

Don't know why I am surprised. They are the second nastiest sods in the ME.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink