Author Topic: Congressman on Oregon Shooting: 'I Always Hope Tragedy Will Inspire Action' on Gun Control  (Read 412 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/06/10/Congressman-On-Oregon-Shooting-I-Always-Hope-Tragedy-Will-Inspire-Action-On-Gun-Control

by AWR Hawkins 10 Jun 2014, 12:42 PM PDT

Even as police scour Reynolds High School in Troutdale, Oregon, for clues on a shooting that left one student dead and the "teenage male" shooter dead as well, Congressman Earl Blumenauer (D-OR) says he hopes his colleagues will not allow this tragedy to go to waste.

At 9:30 a.m. Blumenauer tweeted: "I always hope tragedy will inspire action."

He added, "Simple common sense steps make difference. Start w/universal background checks."

Another shooting. I always hope tragedy will inspire action. Simple common sense steps make difference. Start w/universal background checks
    — Earl Blumenauer (@repblumenauer) June 10, 2014

Because Blumenauer said these things before all the facts were out – and more facts have yet to be learned – he failed to see Fox News's report that police described the shooter as a "teenage male." This one point raises numerous questions about just how gun laws were ignored or flaunted at Reynolds High School on June 10.

It shows a great disrespect for the pain associated with this act for a politician to try to use that pain to push gun control legislation, even before the facts determining whether such legislation would be helpful are known.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline GourmetDan

Even as police scour Reynolds High School in Troutdale, Oregon, for clues on a shooting that left one student dead and the "teenage male" shooter dead as well, Congressman Earl Blumenauer (D-OR) says he hopes his colleagues will not allow this tragedy to go to waste.

The shootings will continue until the 2nd Amendment is dead...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Online mountaineer

The shootings will continue until the 2nd Amendment is dead...
At this rate, it should be very soon.   **nononono*
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org