Author Topic: Paul Ryan Renews Secretive Push for Amnesty  (Read 515 times)

rangerrebew

Paul Ryan Renews Secretive Push for Amnesty
« on: June 10, 2014, 02:41:37 pm »

Paul Ryan Renews Secretive Push for Amnesty

Posted by Jim Hoft on Tuesday, June 10, 2014, 8:14 AM

Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI) spoke with a Hispanic audience in July 2013 about his motives for pushing immigration reform in the House of Representatives.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSo0muVkLEY

Then in October Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI) reportedly wrote a bill that will grant citizenship to at least 11 million illegal immigrants.

Now this…
Paul Ryan has renewed his push for amnesty.
Breitbart.com reported:

There’s only a few weeks left until the summer recess swallows Congress’ legislative agenda for 2014, but a group of key Republicans haven’t given up immigration quite yet.

Helping guide a secretive effort to informally gauge support for legislative action on the issue before August are two expected names: Reps. Mario Diaz-Balart (R-FL) and Paul Ryan (R-WI).
 But joining them is a young conservative lawmaker whose efforts on the issue have shocked conservative power brokers and prompted a behind-the-scenes backlash.

“Absolutely,” Rep. Mick Mulvaney (R-SC) told Breitbart News, “I have been talking about immigration with my colleagues for months. Talking about important issues is part of my job.”

Mulvaney was quick to add he isn’t “whipping” support for a bill per se – “I haven’t even seen a bill on immigration reform that I could whip even if I wanted to,” he said – and that he remains firmly opposed to the Senate “Gang of Eight” bill.

“I have absolutely no interest in taking up the Senate bill or going to conference on the Senate bill. Securing our borders is my first priority on any immigration reform, and the Senate bill falls woefully short on that point. Furthermore, I will not support a special pathway to citizenship for those who are here illegally. The Senate bill has always been and remains a non-starter,” Mulvaney said.

Still, his support for House action on the issue this year, and his backing for a separate issue, reauthorization of the Export-Import bank, has prompted new scrutiny on Mulvaney from the right.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2014/06/paul-ryan-renews-secretive-push-for-amnesty/
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 02:43:36 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline GourmetDan

Re: Paul Ryan Renews Secretive Push for Amnesty
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2014, 02:42:55 pm »

Anybody that thinks the Republican leadership is anything but 'controlled opposition' hasn't been paying much attention...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2014, 03:24:09 pm »
Anybody that thinks the Republican leadership is anything but 'controlled opposition' hasn't been paying much attention...

Or refusing to accept the truth...   :shrug:

rangerrebew

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2014, 09:29:30 pm »
I'd be willing to bet the "leadership" is reconsidering their stance in light of the Eric Cantor debacle.

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2014, 09:35:24 pm »
I'd be willing to bet the "leadership" is reconsidering their stance in light of the Eric Cantor debacle.

Yeah, 'reconsidering' as in, "We'd better hurry up and get this done!"

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline raml

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2014, 11:57:15 pm »
I am ashamed to admit that Mick Mulvaney is a relative. Mulvaney is my maiden name.

Offline evadR

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2014, 12:17:31 am »
I am ashamed to admit that Mick Mulvaney is a relative. Mulvaney is my maiden name.

All Mulvaneys are not the same.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline evadR

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2014, 12:18:43 am »
2 Hail Marys and $50 in the pot should take care of it.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.