Author Topic: Clinton: Benghazi criticism a reason to run  (Read 334 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Clinton: Benghazi criticism a reason to run
« on: June 09, 2014, 10:20:11 pm »
http://thehill.com/policy/international/208721-clinton-benghazi-criticism-gives-more-reason-to-run

Clinton: Benghazi criticism a reason to run

By Mario Trujillo - 06/09/14 05:52 PM EDT

Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said she has more incentive to run for president in the face of GOP criticism of her handling of the 2012 Benghazi attack.

“Actually, it's more of a reason to run, because I do not believe our great country should be playing minor league ball," Clinton said in an interview with ABC. "We ought to be in the majors. I view this as really apart from — even a diversion from — the hard work that the Congress should be doing about the problems facing our country and the world.”

As Clinton decides on a run in 2016, Republicans have elevated their criticism. Last month, House Republicans established a select committee to investigate the 2012 attack in Benghazi, Libya that killed U.S. Ambassador Christopher Stephens and three other Americans. Clinton was secretary of State at the time.

In the past, Clinton has taken responsibility for the attack as head of the State Department. She again said, “I take responsibility, but I was not making security decisions.”

“I certainly would give anything on earth if this had not happened," she said. "And I certainly would wish that we had made some of the changes that came to our attention to make as a result of the investigation. But I also am clear in my own mind that we had a system and that system, of course, ended with me.”

Clinton said she gave direct instructions to security experts during the attack, but she was not equipped to handle the specifics.

"That's why we hire people who have that expertise,” she said in a previously reported portion of the interview.

Clinton has previously said she sees no reason for the House select committee to peruse another inquiry. Whether she testifies in front of the panel depends on the committee, she said.

Clinton details her time at the State Department, including the Benghazi attack, in her new book Hard Choices, due out Tuesday.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Carling

Re: Clinton: Benghazi criticism a reason to run
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2014, 11:20:06 pm »
She's unlikable.  That ABC interview was supposed to buffer her "everyman" status, but instead she whines about having to pay for her multiple mortgages, and then says Amb. Stevens and the others death are "minor league" politics.

She can't win a general election.  The Dem base saw right through her in the 2008 primaries, which should have been a slam dunk for her if she had any charisma at all. 

She comes across as entitled, petty, and BOSSY.   :seeya:
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------