Author Topic: Code of Conduct for the U.S. Fighting Force  (Read 299 times)

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
Code of Conduct for the U.S. Fighting Force
« on: June 09, 2014, 04:10:17 PM »

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Re: Code of Conduct for the U.S. Fighting Force
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2014, 10:20:13 PM »
Well posted. I had forgotten some of your Code of Conduct, even though ours is substantially similar.

One missing point that is included in ours: A POW (or a squad on the run) has a duty to signal the location if at all possible. As orientation says: "You are not alone, even if you feel it. We will come and get you, no matter what. But we do need to know where you are."

The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2014, 10:32:10 PM »
Thanks....I thought it appropriate to put this up without comment and judging by the number of views I was right.

People should realize that the professional military is trained to be professional, and is not only expected but required to be professional.  The Code is taught to recruits in bootcamp and refresher training on the requirements of the Code are ongoing throughout one's military career, and knowledge of it is required for professional advancement.  All military personnel are evaluated and promoted, officially or not, in light of the way they conform to and support the Code of Conduct. As an NCO part of your job is to help train your subordinates in the provisions of the Code and to make certain they understand it completely.  In many ways the Code is the basis for the authority in the Chain of Command.

Keep in mind that Ibn Bob Bowe al Ameriki was indeed trained extensively on this Code, and at some point was required to affirm that he received and understood that training in writing.  That is why the attempts to make his desertion such a casual thing fall on deaf ears, and why the professional military seethes when they hear such a thing proposed by the highest levels of their chain of command.

:smokin:
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 10:33:13 PM by Chieftain »

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2014, 10:49:45 PM »
Some of the crap coming out of the Pentagon has been making blood boil in a lot of my friends. They are livid! Not so much at the political hacks and MSM talking heads - you know exactly how they think of the military as mindless, programmed killers, and that isn't going to change - but at their own high command. It is the ultimate betrayal of everything in their training, their oath and their experience.

Did note something though that may be encouraging - I've been quick checking the media BS going on, you know, looking at the writer of the piece. If there is a single negative hatchet job written by a reporter who were an embed during the Iraq or Afghan wars, I have yet to find it.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf