Author Topic: Obama longs to break out of White House bubble  (Read 569 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
Obama longs to break out of White House bubble
« on: June 09, 2014, 03:27:20 PM »

Support the USO

Online Oceander

• Technical
  • TBR Illuminati
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2014, 03:27:55 PM »
would that he'd take an unscheduled walk out of the White House and never turn back.

Offline flowers

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2014, 03:40:49 PM »
I notice when he does these kind of things he has a certain kind of walk.  You can tell he thrives when he does this.  He LOVES this kind of attention. He could not live without it.  I am thinking the White House coffee is %1000 times better than Starbucks.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 03:42:58 PM by flowers »

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2014, 03:56:56 PM »
I am thinking the White House coffee is %1000 times better than Starbucks.
Sheetz coffee (heck - even 7-Eleven coffee) is better than Starbucks.
A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2014, 04:05:18 PM »
First, he wishes during an interview, if he could just "take a walk" like a regular person...that would be his BIG wish!  Now, he does an impromptu prissy-walk to Starbucks!

Oooooh, and look at his toned forearms! He must be pumping sum iron too.  Has he been working out?

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2014, 04:06:50 PM »
I notice when he does these kind of things he has a certain kind of walk.  You can tell he thrives when he does this.  He LOVES this kind of attention. He could not live without it.  I am thinking the White House coffee is %1000 times better than Starbucks.

He's lucky he doesn't get booed.  Metrosexual girly-man.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2014, 04:07:15 PM »
I notice when he does these kind of things he has a certain kind of walk. 
I was going to call it a swagger, but it's really more of a swish.
Just sayin'.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2014, 04:22:08 PM »
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2014, 05:21:41 PM »
I was going to call it a swagger, but it's really more of a swish.
Just sayin'.

I think of it as a sachet.
For the progressive, there is very little to love about the United States. Washington, Jefferson, Madison? A bunch of rotten slaveholders, hypocrites, and cowards even when their hearts were in the right places. The Declaration of Independence? A manifesto for the propertied classes. The Constitution? An artifact of sexism and white supremacy. The sacrifices in the great wars of the 20th century? Feeding the poor and the disenfranchised into the meat-grinder of imperialism. The gifts of Carnegie, Rockefeller, Vanderbilt, Morgan, Astor? Blood money from self-aggrandizing robber barons. Nat Rev

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2014, 07:16:13 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pzKZxHl_IE" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pzKZxHl_IE</a>

This is a little bit too accurate, in terms of our current POTUS.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
Obama longs to break out of White House bubble
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2014, 10:48:27 AM »

Support the USO

Offline AbaraXas

• ?? ??????? ?????
  • Technical
  • Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Re: Obama longs to break out of White House bubble
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2014, 10:54:34 AM »
Poor little guy. I almost want to shed a tear for him living in the sweatshop that is the White House with no contact to the outside world and very few chances to get out of the building, let alone take a vacation.

Someone hand me a Kleenex, I think I am going to cry.

8888crybaby

Offline flowers

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2014, 11:02:50 AM »
This is the 3rd or 4th time the obama media/white house has put this out there. I wonder why, what is the political advantage of it?  Can anyone here tell me?

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2014, 11:12:52 AM »
Actually, I can feel a certain bit of sympathy. Well - sympathy is possibly too strong a word, lets try empathy.

I am preaching to the choir as far as most members and lurkers here go when I say that being the boss is stressing as hell, especially when you are the ultimate boss. No one to kick crap upwards to, it's all your problem. Even if you are not the ultimate boss, you try to deal with everything so you look together and competent. A small break, even if just for half an hour, is something you grab on to with both hands and defend to the death.

My old CO would go fishing. In a flush pond, which had about as much chance of holding fish as it did holding tigers. I'll sneak half an hour to write, or to go and talk to my girl and make sure she's fed, watered and fully armed. My department head when I was teaching would disappear up to the roof of the school and work on the garden he had up there. No one else were allowed up there without permission.

Everyone needs an escape. That is no weakness, that is sanity.

Having said that, my tolerance for the Worm's whining is incredibly low. He wanted the job, chased the job and got the job. I have yet to see a single instance of him actually doing the job.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online NavyCanDo

« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2014, 11:23:55 AM »
And we are longing to "pop" that bubble and set him free.    And then install a real Leader.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline speekinout

« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2014, 05:06:42 PM »
Most people can empathize with a President's need to have some down time. But the optics still count. W gave up playing golf because it didn't look so good. The golf course is not the place for a President to be when there's a crisis. Esp. if he went golfing after he knew there was one.

But for down time, maybe he forgot that there is a place called Camp David, that was set up specifically for Presidents to get away and still have contact with everyone in their admin.

I'd be a little more sympathetic if he was at Camp David instead of playing golf in Palm Springs.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2014, 06:50:36 PM »
Who doesn't know the "price" (to one's privacy) of running for President? Yes, you'll lose your anonymity. Duh. Get over it.  This idiot doesn't even do the job of the presidency, so I'm not quite sure what he's complaining about. He does little else but fundraise, vacation and play golf, and the news media give him a pass. At this point, no one is surprised that he'd rather visit Starbucks or a burger joint than the Oval Office.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf