Author Topic: Ron Paul joins Tea Party to back Chris McDaniel vs. Mississippi Sen. Thad Cochran BY PAUL BEDARD  (Read 1137 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://washingtonexaminer.com/ron-paul-joins-tea-party-to-back-chris-mcdaniel-vs.-mississippi-sen.-thad-cochran/article/2549464

Ron Paul joins Tea Party to back Chris McDaniel vs. Mississippi Sen. Thad Cochran
BY PAUL BEDARD | JUNE 9, 2014 | 11:00 AM

Add libertarian hero Ron Paul to the growing list of conservative and Tea Party leaders joining the upstart campaign of State Sen. Chris McDaniel, who shocked the Washington GOP establishment by besting longtime Sen. Thad Cochran in a primary last week.

"Chris McDaniel has been a fighter in the Mississippi Senate for smaller government and more personal liberties. We need Chris McDaniel in the U.S. Senate and I am proud to endorse his campaign,” said Paul in a release from McDaniel's campaign.

In last week’s primary, McDaniel won 1,386 votes more than Cochran. But because he didn’t win 50 percent of the vote, the two are set for a runoff election June 24.

Paul joins several other critics of the mainstream GOP and Washington backing McDaniel, including Sarah Palin, the Tea Party Express, Tea Party Patriots, FreedomWorks, former Sen. Rick Santorum, conservative leaders Gary Bauer and Phyllis Schlafly and media personalities Mark Levin, Laura Ingraham and Glenn Beck.

"This really is the beginning of the big tent here in Mississippi," said a McDaniel associate.

McDaniel said he hopes that Paul’s endorsement will push his followers to the polls.

"Ron Paul has been an inspiration to so many to become involved in politics and to engage the system, which is exactly what our nation needs at this crucial juncture," McDaniel said. "Dr. Paul is a true champion for civil liberties and opponent of government overreach and out-of-control spending, and I'm very excited to have his endorsement in our fight for liberty in Mississippi," he added.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Oceander

I really hope this doesn't lead to a flame-out that ultimately ends up giving the seat to a democrat.

Offline kevindavis007

I really hope this doesn't lead to a flame-out that ultimately ends up giving the seat to a democrat.

This is my fear... However, since Ron Paul is supporting McDaniel, I'm going with Cochran..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline Carling

McDaniel will win the general election in MS.  These are the kinds of seats that whatever it is calling themselves the "Tea Party" should go after in primaries.
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline sinkspur

McDaniel will win the general election in MS.  These are the kinds of seats that whatever it is calling themselves the "Tea Party" should go after in primaries.

He will because of the wave.  But McDaniel's right on the edge of being another Christine O'Donnell.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Carling

He will because of the wave.  But McDaniel's right on the edge of being another Christine O'Donnell.

That doesn't matter in Mississippi.  It's like running a far left kook in New York for Senate.  Short of literally imploding physically, it's a safe seat.

Running O'Donnell in Delaware was such a blunder, on the other hand. 
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 12:04:09 am by Carling »

Offline speekinout

According to all reports, Childers is a moderate dim, and he polls close to McDaniels. Cochran would be a shoo-in to win against Childers, but McDaniel has an awful lot of baggage for Childers to exploit. Mamacitas??? 

Nominating McDaniels is a pretty risky proposition, and this really isn't the best year to take a chance on losing what could have been a safe GOP seat.

Offline Carling

According to all reports, Childers is a moderate dim, and he polls close to McDaniels. Cochran would be a shoo-in to win against Childers, but McDaniel has an awful lot of baggage for Childers to exploit. Mamacitas??? 

Nominating McDaniels is a pretty risky proposition, and this really isn't the best year to take a chance on losing what could have been a safe GOP seat.

McDaniels is going to easily win, just as Cochran will easily win if he wins the run-off. 

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision

Childers is not as strong of a candidate against either McDaniel or Cochran as the Dems' apparent first choice, Jim Hood, who some polls had in the lead.

PPP issued a poll at the end of last year showing McDaniel having a significant handicap against Childers compared to Cochran, but 1) it's PPP, and I still maintain they're one of the least accurate pollsters out there, and 2) that was before McDaniel built up some name recognition. Rasmussen polled in March and the general results were about the same with either Cochran or McDaniel as the GOP nominee— and in both cases, the GOP wins by at least 10 points.

Childers was an Obama Wave Congressman-- elected in 2008, ousted in 2010. He voted for the stimulus and opposes Obamacare repeal. Whoever wins is going to have a pretty easy time tying Childers to Obama, and Obama lost the state by 11.5 percentage points in the 2012 presidential election. This seat is not in jeopardy of being lost.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline speekinout

McDaniels is going to easily win, just as Cochran will easily win if he wins the run-off.

Do you really think that all of the McDaniels radio shows, with his comments about libertarians, homosexuals, mamacitas, etc. won't have an effect? And even if he isn't connected to the business about taking pictures of Cochran's wife and the mystery of his supporters being in the courthouse building at night, his choices of friends and allies leaves something to be desired. There's an awful lot of material there. And the dims will use every bit of it, because they need every seat they can get, and this one is gettable.

McDaniels might still win, but it isn't going to be easy, and he will need an awful lot of money that could have been spent elsewhere.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Paul joins several other critics of the mainstream GOP and Washington backing McDaniel, including Sarah Palin, the Tea Party Express, Tea Party Patriots, FreedomWorks, former Sen. Rick Santorum, conservative leaders Gary Bauer and Phyllis Schlafly and media personalities Mark Levin, Laura Ingraham and Glenn Beck.

"This really is the beginning of the big tent here in Mississippi," said a McDaniel associate.

Wow!  That really is an inclusive tent.  Running the spectrum of conservative politics from far right to extreme right.  That's coalition building.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

http://www.politico.com/story/2014/06/kentucky-alison-lundergan-grimes-coal-fundraiser-107621_Page2.html

The Nevada Democrat began with a riff about the Democratic prospects of keeping the Senate, saying “we would have the majority for sure” if the election were held today. He bluntly called the GOP Senate candidate in Colorado — Cory Gardner — a “real loser.” Michigan Senate candidate Terri Lynn Land “fell on her face” in recent weeks, Reid said. And he said that “everyone is pulling for” tea party favorite Chris McDaniel to win his runoff fight against GOP Sen. Thad Cochran in Mississippi, a scenario that the Democratic leader believes would make the general election even more competitive for his party.

audio at link. comment at 3 minute mark

Offline aligncare

Libertarians are natural allies of conservatives. The sooner conservatives learn that, the better.

Offline aligncare

But, I hasten to add the opposite is not necessarily true.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

Yeah.....the dastardly "Religious Right".       :whistle:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline aligncare

Conservatives are quite content to have the government support their issues with regulations and laws and taxes.

Offline evadR

Libertarians are natural allies of conservatives. The sooner conservatives learn that, the better.
That's correct of True Libertarians but beware of those Faux Libertarians like the one in Virginia that ran for governor. He's actually a rat.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
Is there such a thing as a Republican who has been in Washington too long?  Or does it matter, so long as he calls himself a Republican?

We criticize Democrats for their dinosaurs, but turn a blind eye to ours?  Cochran should not even be there.  It's time for the people of Mississippi to enforce term limits.

PS:  I thought the Tea Party was all about religious fanaticism.  Ron Paul is a religious fanatic now?

Offline evadR

Well, it may be because all the Libertarians effectively do is drain away conservative votes in elections.
Again, take a look at the Virginia race for governor.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Is there such a thing as a Republican who has been in Washington too long?  Or does it matter, so long as he calls himself a Republican?

We criticize Democrats for their dinosaurs, but turn a blind eye to ours?  Cochran should not even be there.  It's time for the people of Mississippi to enforce term limits.

PS:  I thought the Tea Party was all about religious fanaticism.  Ron Paul is a religious fanatic now?

Naw...

It's about curing homos and bringing them back into the fold.

Just ask the Texas GOP.

:whistle: :bolt:
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx