Author Topic: Ron Paul joins Tea Party to back Chris McDaniel vs. Mississippi Sen. Thad Cochran BY PAUL BEDARD  (Read 766 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator

Support the USO

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • TBR Illuminati
I really hope this doesn't lead to a flame-out that ultimately ends up giving the seat to a democrat.

Offline kevindavis

I really hope this doesn't lead to a flame-out that ultimately ends up giving the seat to a democrat.

This is my fear... However, since Ron Paul is supporting McDaniel, I'm going with Cochran..
To Clear things up...

Mueller has been one of the most respected individuals on the planet over the last 20 years.

Mueller is a Republican

Mueller was appointed by Republicans

Mueller doesn't determine if someone is guilty, The Judge and Jury do!

Get it!!!!

“You can go to live in France, but you can't become a Frenchman. You can go to live in Germany, but you can't become a German... But anyone, from any corner of the world, can come to live in the United States and become an American.”

- Ronald Reagan

Offline Carling

McDaniel will win the general election in MS.  These are the kinds of seats that whatever it is calling themselves the "Tea Party" should go after in primaries.
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline sinkspur

McDaniel will win the general election in MS.  These are the kinds of seats that whatever it is calling themselves the "Tea Party" should go after in primaries.

He will because of the wave.  But McDaniel's right on the edge of being another Christine O'Donnell.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Carling

He will because of the wave.  But McDaniel's right on the edge of being another Christine O'Donnell.

That doesn't matter in Mississippi.  It's like running a far left kook in New York for Senate.  Short of literally imploding physically, it's a safe seat.

Running O'Donnell in Delaware was such a blunder, on the other hand. 
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 08:04:09 PM by Carling »

Offline speekinout

According to all reports, Childers is a moderate dim, and he polls close to McDaniels. Cochran would be a shoo-in to win against Childers, but McDaniel has an awful lot of baggage for Childers to exploit. Mamacitas??? 

Nominating McDaniels is a pretty risky proposition, and this really isn't the best year to take a chance on losing what could have been a safe GOP seat.

Offline Carling

According to all reports, Childers is a moderate dim, and he polls close to McDaniels. Cochran would be a shoo-in to win against Childers, but McDaniel has an awful lot of baggage for Childers to exploit. Mamacitas??? 

Nominating McDaniels is a pretty risky proposition, and this really isn't the best year to take a chance on losing what could have been a safe GOP seat.

McDaniels is going to easily win, just as Cochran will easily win if he wins the run-off. 

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
"A deficit is what you've got when you haven't got as much as if you just had nothing. If we tried any of this, we'd end up in jail, but the government gets rid of its debts by nationalizing them. That's like the alcoholic who solved his problem by pouring the booze in all of his bottles into one big container. Himself." (Charlie Farquharson, edited for spelling)

Offline speekinout

McDaniels is going to easily win, just as Cochran will easily win if he wins the run-off.

Do you really think that all of the McDaniels radio shows, with his comments about libertarians, homosexuals, mamacitas, etc. won't have an effect? And even if he isn't connected to the business about taking pictures of Cochran's wife and the mystery of his supporters being in the courthouse building at night, his choices of friends and allies leaves something to be desired. There's an awful lot of material there. And the dims will use every bit of it, because they need every seat they can get, and this one is gettable.

McDaniels might still win, but it isn't going to be easy, and he will need an awful lot of money that could have been spent elsewhere.

Online Once-Ler

• How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Trump
Paul joins several other critics of the mainstream GOP and Washington backing McDaniel, including Sarah Palin, the Tea Party Express, Tea Party Patriots, FreedomWorks, former Sen. Rick Santorum, conservative leaders Gary Bauer and Phyllis Schlafly and media personalities Mark Levin, Laura Ingraham and Glenn Beck.

"This really is the beginning of the big tent here in Mississippi," said a McDaniel associate.

Wow!  That really is an inclusive tent.  Running the spectrum of conservative politics from far right to extreme right.  That's coalition building.

"Racism is evil. And those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans."  -  President Donald J Trump

Does anybody really want to throw out good, educated and accomplished young people who have jobs, some serving in the military? Really!.....
...They have been in our country for many years through no fault of their own - brought in by parents at young age. Plus BIG border security
       Donald J. Trump@realDonaldTrump 5:35 AM - Sep 14, 2017

Online Once-Ler

• How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Trump
"Racism is evil. And those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans."  -  President Donald J Trump

Does anybody really want to throw out good, educated and accomplished young people who have jobs, some serving in the military? Really!.....
...They have been in our country for many years through no fault of their own - brought in by parents at young age. Plus BIG border security
       Donald J. Trump@realDonaldTrump 5:35 AM - Sep 14, 2017

Offline aligncare

Libertarians are natural allies of conservatives. The sooner conservatives learn that, the better.

Offline aligncare

But, I hasten to add the opposite is not necessarily true.

Offline DCPatriot

Yeah.....the dastardly "Religious Right".       :whistle:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - Iowahawk

Offline aligncare

Conservatives are quite content to have the government support their issues with regulations and laws and taxes.

Offline evadR˛

Libertarians are natural allies of conservatives. The sooner conservatives learn that, the better.
That's correct of True Libertarians but beware of those Faux Libertarians like the one in Virginia that ran for governor. He's actually a rat.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
    • Auktion Online
Is there such a thing as a Republican who has been in Washington too long?  Or does it matter, so long as he calls himself a Republican?

We criticize Democrats for their dinosaurs, but turn a blind eye to ours?  Cochran should not even be there.  It's time for the people of Mississippi to enforce term limits.

PS:  I thought the Tea Party was all about religious fanaticism.  Ron Paul is a religious fanatic now?
"She only coughs when she lies."

Offline evadR˛

Well, it may be because all the Libertarians effectively do is drain away conservative votes in elections.
Again, take a look at the Virginia race for governor.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Is there such a thing as a Republican who has been in Washington too long?  Or does it matter, so long as he calls himself a Republican?

We criticize Democrats for their dinosaurs, but turn a blind eye to ours?  Cochran should not even be there.  It's time for the people of Mississippi to enforce term limits.

PS:  I thought the Tea Party was all about religious fanaticism.  Ron Paul is a religious fanatic now?

Naw...

It's about curing homos and bringing them back into the fold.

Just ask the Texas GOP.

:whistle: :bolt:

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf