Author Topic: Hillary Blames Some Benghazi Failures on Hired Hands Daniel Halper  (Read 653 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.weeklystandard.com/print/blogs/hillary-blames-some-benghazi-failures-hired-hands_794516.html

Hillary Blames Some Benghazi Failures on Hired Hands
Daniel Halper
June 9, 2014 8:18 AM

Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton tried to deflect some of the blame for the failure of preventing the Benghazi terror attack on hired experts. She made the comments in an interview with Diane Sawyer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VC-onyhHOQw

Sawyer asked, "Is there anything you personally should have been doing to make it safer in Benghazi?"

"Well," Clinton responded, "what I did was give very direct instructions that the people who have the expertise and experience in security --

"But personally you --"

"Well that is personal, though, Diane. I mean, I am not -- I'm not equipped to sit and look at blueprints to determine where the blast walls need to be or where the reinforcements need to be. That's why we hire people who have that expertise," Clinton responded.

"I wonder if people are looking for a sentence that begins from you, 'I should have, I should have,'" Sawyer responded.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Hillary Blames Some Benghazi Failures on Hired Hands Daniel Halper
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2014, 01:55:06 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/208619-clinton-gave-directions-to-security-experts-during-benghazi

June 09, 2014, 08:25 am
Clinton: I gave 'very direct instructions' during Benghazi attack

By Rebecca Shabad

Hillary Clinton says she gave “very direct instructions” to security experts during the 2012 Benghazi attack in an effort to secure the U.S. mission.

"I'm not equipped to sit and look at blueprints, to determine where the blast walls need to be or where the reinforcements need to be," she said in an excerpt for the ABC News interview airing Monday night. "That's why we hire people who have that expertise."

Host Diane Sawyer asked Clinton if there was anything she could have “personally” done to protect the Americans in Benghazi.

"What I did was give very direct instructions" to "the people who have the expertise and experience in security," Clinton said. "That is personal."

U.S. Ambassador Christopher Stevens and three other U.S. citizens died in the attack. Clinton wrote about Benghazi in her memoir Hard Choices, which hits bookstores on Tuesday.

Clinton declined to say whether she is willing to testify on Benghazi before the new House select committee investigating the attack.

"That's going to be up to the people running the hearing," she said. "We'll see what they decide to do, how they conduct themselves, whether or not this is, you know, one more travesty about the loss of four Americans, or whether this is, in the best tradition of the Congress, an effort to figure out how – what we can do better."

Clinton testified on Benghazi before House and Senate panels last year.

ABC News will air the Clinton interview Tuesday in a one-hour special at 9 p.m. ET. Clinton will then be interviewed live on “Good Morning America” on Tuesday morning.

Clinton, considered the Democratic presidential frontrunner if she runs in 2016, is about to embark on a national book tour and will sit down for more TV interviews in the coming weeks.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Oceander

Re: Hillary Blames Some Benghazi Failures on Hired Hands Daniel Halper
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2014, 06:14:05 pm »
Y'know, if she had any real smarts, right about now, with Benghazi off the front-front burner, she'd have pulled a Reagan/Iran-Contra mea culpa:  come (relatively) clean on what went on, where the big eff-ups were, admit to her role (the wrist-slap stuff that can be easily checked) in effing things up, apologize to the families, and swear on her sainted mother's grave that it will never, ever happen again under her watch.