Author Topic: Good news! The boob belt is back (and Michelle makes the Angelou memorial all about her)  (Read 572 times)

Online mountaineer

Michelle's Mirror reports:
Monday, June 9, 2014
Good News! The Boob Belt is back

That’s right, the boob belt is definitely back for the long haul. First, at the White House where it announced Lady M’s Mayors’ Challenge to End Veterans Homelessness:

Closeup of the radiator belt:

Here’s a crazy idea: how about we actually treat our Vets’ mental illnesses so they don’t end up homeless?

Later, the old double belted radial appeared at Maya Angelou’s memorial, to relate how Maya effected Lady M:

"She made me feel like I owned the place, too. She made me feel like I had been born on that stage right next to her. And I remember thinking to myself, “Maya Angelou knows who I am, and she’s rooting for me. So, now I’m good. I can do this. I can do this.” (Applause, naturally.)

And that’s really true for us all, because in so many ways, Maya Angelou knew us. She knew our hope, our pain, our ambition, our fear, our anger, our shame. And she assured us that despite it all –- in fact, because of it all -– we were good. And in doing so, she paved the way for me and Oprah and so many others just to be our good, old, black-woman selves. (Applause, naturally.)

And as we all know, it’s all about how Lady M feels. And right now, she’s feelin’, you know,  “I’m good. I can do this.” God help America.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mountaineer

Anyone else think "flotus" sounds like an unhealthy condition?
Michelle Obama Talks Beauty at Maya Angelou’s Memorial

When FLOTUS took to the podium at Maya Angelou’s memorial on Saturday, a poignant, powerful speech was certainly expected. And Michelle Obama delivered.

Paying homage to the life of one of the world’s most motivational and iconic women, FLOTUS highlighted Angelou’s "PhenomenalWomen" and why the late poet's words on beauty are so important.

"The first time I read 'Phenomenal Woman' I was struck by how she celebrated black women's beauty like no one had ever dared before," Obama said. "Our curves, our stride, our strength, our grace. Her words were clever, and sassy. They were powerful and sexual and boastful. And in that one singular poem, Maya Angelous spoke to the essence of black women but she also graced us with an anthem for all women, a call for all of us to embrace our God-given beauty."
Good luck embracing that which doesn't exist in your case, FLOTUS Maximus. And ... what curves?

Daily Beast
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org