Author Topic: Chris Daughtry ‘Ashamed’ For His ‘I’m Off The Clock’ Remark On D-Day’s ‘Fox And Friends’ [VIDEO]  (Read 219 times)

Online rangerrebew

• America defending Veteran
  • TBR Contributor
  • “It’s easier to fool people than to convince them
Chris Daughtry ‘Ashamed’ For His ‘I’m Off The Clock’ Remark On D-Day’s ‘Fox And Friends’ [VIDEO]

Posted By Heather Smith On 1:24 PM 06/08/2014 In | No Comments

Former “American Idol” star Chris Daughtry took to YouTube Saturday to apologize for his insensitive and “embarrassing” remarks disregarding D-Day on Fox and Friends.

The Idol star had performed on Friday morning on Fox News’ “Fox & Friends” as part of the show’s All-American Summer Concert Series and when Fox host Steve Doocy asked, “Since today is D-Day, plus, 70, what patriotic song could we all sing?”

Daughtry responded, “I’m off the clock. I’m going to watch y’all.”

When the hosts attempted to come up with a song, Daughtry said as he left the stage, “This is where I’ll bail.”

Fox’s “The Five” host Eric Bolling called Daughtry “The Fool of the Week” for his behavior on D-Day.

After social media attacked Daughtry’s remarks, he went to YouTube Saturday to give a heartfelt apology.

“Hey everybody, I wish I was coming to you right now under better circumstances,” he opened his video response.

“In that moment,  I was thrown off. Unprepared and I panicked,” he admitted.  “It was absolutely disrespectful. Poor choice of words. Terrible judgement.”

He continued his apology: “And the worst part of all, I didn’t honor our troops. I didn’t honor our vets who are so deserving and sacrificed everything, their lives. Have sacrificed everything for our country. What I do is miniscule in comparison and will never live up to what they do for our country.”

Article printed from The Daily Caller:

URL to article:
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 05:33:46 AM by rangerrebew »
America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves. Abraham Lincoln

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo