Author Topic: The End of GOProud  (Read 696 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
The End of GOProud
« on: June 08, 2014, 05:11:17 PM »

Support the USO

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • Chief Dork
Re: The End of GOProud
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2014, 06:08:01 PM »
Why is GOProud being disbanded?

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2014, 06:09:46 PM »
Why is GOProud being disbanded?

Queer peer pressure??

:smokin:

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • Chief Dork
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2014, 06:10:54 PM »
Queer peer pressure??

:smokin:

from whom?   :smokin:

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2014, 06:15:30 PM »
Good riddance.

Their goal was either to destroy the GOP from within, or move it more to the left, which is the same thing.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • Chief Dork
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2014, 06:19:15 PM »

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2014, 06:30:12 PM »
Good riddance.

Their goal was either to destroy the GOP from within, or move it more to the left, which is the same thing.

So, what you're saying is that you can't be gay and conservative, or a Republican... is that about right?

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2014, 06:45:14 PM »

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
    • The place where argument addicts can go
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2014, 06:52:20 PM »
Good riddance.

Have you heard of the Log Cabin Republicans? They date to the Reagan years.

My Mother was in a Republican Women's group. Blacks, Hispanics, Asians have Republican groups.

Do you oppose Republicans being inclusive enough to have groups , and to win elections?

Or are you content to cling to a shrinking demographic, and continue losing ground?
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • Chief Dork
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2014, 07:10:19 PM »
Have you heard of the Log Cabin Republicans? They date to the Reagan years.

My Mother was in a Republican Women's group. Blacks, Hispanics, Asians have Republican groups.

Do you oppose Republicans being inclusive enough to have groups , and to win elections?

Or are you content to cling to a shrinking demographic, and continue losing ground?

To cite a quotation that, in this context, simply reeks of irony (on multiple levels):

"All the world is queer save thee and me, and even thou art a little queer."

Offline Fishrrman

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2014, 07:13:39 PM »
Luis wrote (regarding something Atomic Cow posted):
[[ So, what you're saying is that you can't be gay and conservative, or a Republican... is that about right? ]]

Well, I'd have to respond...."yes, that's about right".

One simply isn't going to find many homosexual conservatives.

There may indeed be a few -- but I'll reckon many that are, don't wear their sexual orientation on their sleeves for all to see.

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • Chief Dork
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2014, 07:15:03 PM »
[[ So, what you're saying is that you can't be gay and conservative, or a Republican... is that about right? ]]

There may indeed be a few -- but I'll reckon many that are, don't wear their sexual orientation on their sleeves for all to see.

Diogenes are you?  You've searched high and low and haven't found any?  Or are you just letting your ideological undies show?

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2014, 07:15:25 PM »

To cite a quotation that, in this context, simply reeks of irony (on multiple levels):

"All the world is queer save thee and me, and even thou art a little queer."

The context used in that quote is describing an 'idiosyncrasy', or other acts of strangeness.   Nothing to do with sexual orientation.

But I get the multiple level irony.   LOL!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - Iowahawk

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • Chief Dork
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2014, 07:17:37 PM »
The context used in that quote is describing an 'idiosyncrasy', or other acts of strangeness.   Nothing to do with sexual orientation.

But I get the multiple level irony.   LOL!

exactly.  "queer" didn't always have the poverty of meaning to which it's been reduced these days.

Offline Carling

« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2014, 09:24:38 PM »
The far right social conservatives still think they can win this societal battle.  I don't understand why, but for some reason the far right isn't for limited-government when it comes to imposing social norms by law.
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2014, 09:27:55 PM »
The far right social conservatives still think they can win this societal battle.  I don't understand why, but for some reason the far right isn't for limited-government when it comes to imposing social norms by law.

They don't necessarily expect the law to be enforced/changed...in favor of their personal ideology, as much as they want their leaders to be of that creed and conviction.

For some reason, they think a moral high ground translates to winning elections.

.....in this current culture, btw.    :whistle:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - Iowahawk

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • Chief Dork
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2014, 09:38:38 PM »
They don't necessarily expect the law to be enforced/changed...in favor of their personal ideology, as much as they want their leaders to be of that creed and conviction.

For some reason, they think a moral high ground translates to winning elections.

What moral high ground?  Making "reparative therapy" (aka gay conversion therapy) enforceable public policy is moral?  Using the overwhelming force of the federal government to meddle in areas - marriage, for example - that it does not have the Constitutional power to touch is moral?

They don't expect the law to be enforced?  So why are they so upset about Obama's choice to not enforce certain laws he doesn't like?  And if it's really not that important to them, then why make it a plank in their political platform?

As far as I'm concerned, that's not very moral.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2014, 09:40:21 PM by Oceander »

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2014, 09:08:47 AM »

So, someone's sexual orientation makes them incapable of understanding and supporting sound fiscal policies, what constitutes a foreign policy, the concepts of Federalism and State's rights?

So... can an atheist be a conservative?

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2014, 09:10:40 AM »

One could easily make the argument that government is inherently immoral, so looking to government for mortal leadership is rather inefficient.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf