Author Topic: Obamas Purchased House in Asheville, NC for Post-Presidency  (Read 626 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://wallstcheatsheet.com/politics/where-will-obama-go-after-the-white-house.html/

Obamas Purchased House in Asheville, NC for Post-Presidency
Anthea Mitchell   

June 07, 2014

Sources have confirmed the Obamas purchased real estate in Asheville, NC. The White House has not yet confirmed.

It seems all the bookmakers sending the Obamas to New York City or back to Chicago after the end of the President’s second term are wrong by a few thousand miles.

A source close to Wall St. Cheat Sheet has confirmed that the Obama family have purchased property in the city of Asheville in North Carolina as a post-Presidency residence. A call to get an official confirmation from the White House wasn’t immediately returned.

The President discussed retirement there last year during his trip to North Carolina during a speech in Asheville. “Love coming to Asheville,” said Obama. “Michelle and I always talk about how after this whole presidency thing, we’re looking for a little spot to –” here an audience member said, “Come on down” — “Come on down? Play a little golf, do a little hiking, fishing, barbecue,” said Obama. “There’s two things that keep bringing me back here. Number one is I really like the people. And number two is 12 Bones, which I will be stopping on the way back to the airport.” On the one hand, a smaller city like Asheville doesn’t offer the same enormous population to lose oneself in as does New York or Chicago. On the other, the president and his wife clearly like the area.

“The president first visited the Asheville area during the campaign, and he liked it so much that he vowed to take his family there. The president and first lady are planning to spend a quiet weekend enjoying some of the many things this beautiful part of the country has to offer,” reported the White House. This, of course, led to a great deal of “vacation like the president” slogans from the city’s tourism industry. “Find out for yourself what makes the Asheville area a vacation destination worthy of a president!” reads an Asheville Chamber of Commerce posting.

continued
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Re: Obamas Purchased House in Asheville, NC for Post-Presidency
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2014, 03:06:14 pm »
Will the Biltmore fit his ego? For some reason I recall this was recently for sale.
http://www.biltmore.com/

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2014, 03:10:35 pm by AbaraXas »

Offline flowers

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2014, 03:44:24 pm »
Time will tell if true or not.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2014, 05:00:56 pm »
So, is Michelle going to do her carpetbagging in North Carolina?

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2014, 10:50:46 pm »
How far is that from Pinehurst?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline R4 TrumPence

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2014, 03:27:16 am »
How far is that from Pinehurst?

About 5 hours depending on traffic.

Edited to add. Mapquest says 3 and a half, but that seems impossible to me, just due to the fact that one section of hwy 64 is a 2 lane road and takes almost an hour to get to I-74.  :shrug:
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 03:31:38 am by Repub4P&C »

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02