Author Topic: How Military Justice Works: The Way the Allegations Against Bergdahl Will Be Handled  (Read 236 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator

Support the USO

Offline mountaineer

• Paranoid Hillbilly
Political or senior military leaders should not attempt to influence the convening authority in the discharge of his responsibilities with respect to this case. That is unlawful and jeopardizes the integrity of the process.
Uh huh.
“Hell hath no fury like a vested interest masquerading as a moral principle.” - Ryan T Anderson

Offline rangerrebew

• America defending Veteran
  • TBR Contributor
When I was in boot camp, we had a guy who didn't like what he was hearing about military life and said to the Petty Officer "advising" us:  "you can't do that because we're protected by the Constitution."  The Petty Officer took off his glasses and said to the kid:  "son, you are in the United State Navy now and are not cover by the Constitution.  You are covered by the Uniform Code of Military Justice - and their is no justice."  We can always hope Bergdahl finds that out, too.
"Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, religion and morality are indispensable supports. In vain would that man claim tribute to patriotism who should labor to subvert these great pillars of human happiness -- these firmest props of the duties of men and citizens. . . . reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principles."
George Washington

"Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become more corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters."
Benjamin Franklin

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
    • The place where argument addicts can go
When I was in boot camp, we had a guy who didn't like what he was hearing about military life and said to the Petty Officer "advising" us:  "you can't do that because we're protected by the Constitution."  The Petty Officer took off his glasses and said to the kid:  "son, you are in the United State Navy now and are not cover by the Constitution.  You are covered by the Uniform Code of Military Justice - and their is no justice."  We can always hope Bergdahl finds that out, too.
To the contrary, a military service person DOES get most of the same protections found in our Constitution. (per article)

If charged I expect the soldier to mount an insanity defense. He apparently had deserted his post back in the states, and before in Afghanistan.

But true conservatives have already convicted him, and liberals have already exhonerated him. I lean heavily to charge him.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.ďż˝  Abe Lincoln

Offline rangerrebew

• America defending Veteran
  • TBR Contributor
To the contrary, a military service person DOES get most of the same protections found in our Constitution. (per article)

If charged I expect the soldier to mount an insanity defense. He apparently had deserted his post back in the states, and before in Afghanistan.

But true conservatives have already convicted him, and liberals have already exhonerated him. I lean heavily to charge him.

The guy will never be charged as long as their is a liberal Commander-in-Chief.  They can't afford to let people know a traitor was rescued by Obama.  Obama most certainly will squash any kind of real investigation while he is in office. :peeonobama:
"Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, religion and morality are indispensable supports. In vain would that man claim tribute to patriotism who should labor to subvert these great pillars of human happiness -- these firmest props of the duties of men and citizens. . . . reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principles."
George Washington

"Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become more corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters."
Benjamin Franklin

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf