Author Topic: Obama: ‘My Government’ Didn’t Need Congressional Approval For Bergdahl Deal  (Read 331 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
http://www.ijreview.com/2014/06/145368-obama-government-didnt-need-congressional-approval-bergdahl-deal/

Obama: ‘My Government’ Didn’t Need Congressional Approval For Bergdahl Deal

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bb3g3yL4VKk" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bb3g3yL4VKk</a>

During an interview with NBC’s Brian Williams, Barack Obama claims – incredibly – that “my government” acted ‘unanimously” in its decision to trade five Taliban commanders for Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl.

It was a “unanimous decision” by “my government.” “I make no apologies for it.”

But surely, he meant to say “my administration,” right? Don’t bet on it.

The deal was overwhelmingly rejected in 2012 by members of Congress, Pentagon officials and the intel community. That doesn’t suggest that the American people’s government was “unanimous” about the deal.

Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
unanimously

Your government acted unanimously...what...all 5 of your little toadies!
« Last Edit: June 07, 2014, 12:16:00 PM by mystery-ak »

Support the USO

Offline kevindavis

http://www.ijreview.com/2014/06/145368-obama-government-didnt-need-congressional-approval-bergdahl-deal/

Obama: ‘My Government’ Didn’t Need Congressional Approval For Bergdahl Deal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bb3g3yL4VKk

During an interview with NBC’s Brian Williams, Barack Obama claims – incredibly – that “my government” acted ‘unanimously” in its decision to trade five Taliban commanders for Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl.

It was a “unanimous decision” by “my government.” “I make no apologies for it.”

But surely, he meant to say “my administration,” right? Don’t bet on it.

The deal was overwhelmingly rejected in 2012 by members of Congress, Pentagon officials and the intel community. That doesn’t suggest that the American people’s government was “unanimous” about the deal.

'His Government'??? I think he meant my administration I think...
"Die-hard conservatives thought that if I couldn't get everything I asked for, I should jump off the cliff with the flag flying-go down in flames. No, if I can get 70 or 80 percent of what it is I'm trying to get ... I'll take that and then continue to try to get the rest in the future."

Ronald Reagan

"We must continue to go into space for humanity.” - Dr. Stephen Hawking

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
Pretty much out in the open now isn't it.

Wait until his last 6 months in office and see what he does. He is a power mad egomaniac.

I do believe that it is going to take tanks and force to get him and his 'mommy' Jarrett out of the WH. I do not believe that they intend to leave peaceably. They both intend to kick America's ass for as long as they can get away with it. IMO
« Last Edit: June 07, 2014, 12:50:03 PM by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.

Offline katzenjammer

Pretty much out in the open now isn't it.

Wait until his last 6 months in office and see what he does. He is a power mad egomaniac.

I do believe that it is going to take tanks and force to get him and his 'mommy' Jarrett out of the WH. I do not believe that they intend to leave peaceably. They both intend to kick America's ass for as long as they can get away with it. IMO

While I hope that your prediction is not correct, at this point, I wouldn't lay high odds against it...   :shrug:

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator

'His Government'??? I think he meant my administration I think...

No...I think he really meant his government.

Support the USO

Offline kevindavis

No...I think he really meant his government.

Can you imagine the outrage if G W Bush had said it...
"Die-hard conservatives thought that if I couldn't get everything I asked for, I should jump off the cliff with the flag flying-go down in flames. No, if I can get 70 or 80 percent of what it is I'm trying to get ... I'll take that and then continue to try to get the rest in the future."

Ronald Reagan

"We must continue to go into space for humanity.” - Dr. Stephen Hawking

Offline mountaineer

The skeptic is never for real. There he stands, cocktail in hand, left arm draped languorously on one end of the mantelpiece, telling you that he can't be sure of anything, not even of his own existence. I'll give you my secret method of demolishing universal skepticism in four words. Whisper to him: "Your fly is open." If he thinks knowledge is so all-fired impossible, why does he always look? — James Sire (from, The Universe Next Door)

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Fishrrman

240B wrote above:
[[ I do believe that it is going to take tanks and force to get him and his 'mommy' Jarrett out of the WH. I do not believe that they intend to leave peaceably. ]]

If that's the case, we only have 2 1/2 more years to go until we discover where the true sympathies of our military lay...

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf