Author Topic: Father of First Afghan War Casualty: Swapped Prisoners Killed My Son  (Read 296 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/father-casualty-war-taliban/2014/06/06/id/575714/

Newsmax
Father of First Afghan War Casualty: Swapped Prisoners Killed My Son
Friday, June 6, 2014 08:53 PM

By: Bill Hoffmann

Johnny Spann, whose son Mike Spann was the first casualty in the Afghanistan war, says two of the five Taliban terrorists swapped for Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl are responsible for his death.

"[They were] commanders [who] had stature with the Taliban,'' Spann told "The Steve Malzberg Show" on Newsmax TV.

"I don't know for sure who put the bullet holes in Mike's head and who beat him — who actually caused his death — but I stand by my saying … they were in fact one of Mike's murderers.''

Spann, whose son was a paramilitary operations officer in the CIA's Special Activities Division, said he was stunned to learn of the swap.

"I couldn't believe it. Disbelief and disappointment, I guess, are two words I can use,'' he said of the release of Bergdahl, whose fellow soldiers have alleged may be a deserter.

"I'm sure there's information that has not been given to us that would cause the administration to make a decision like this.

"I sure hope there is because if there's not and they made this decision based on just the facts that we know as everyday citizens … they did a very poor job.''

Spann said the trade in no way signals the end of the war between the Taliban and the United States.

"I hope that the majority of the people don't think that this is the end of the war. This is not the end of the war,'' Spann said.

"We've been told this for 13 years that this war was never going to end. [It's] not a country that we're fighting, it's a group of people that's scattered all over the world now.''

Spann said he remembers a poignant email his son sent him and other family members as he was shipped off to Afghanistan.

"He said that we need to all remember and understand that there's people in other parts of the world that hate us and they hate us because we're Americans and they're going to try to kill us, and they're going to kill us,'' he said.

"And if we don't want to continue to be a superpower and do what we have to do to continue to be a superpower that there's other countries that will step up in our place and they'll be the superpower. And we don't want that to happen.

"He also said that, in war, people's going to die and in that same statement he said there's going to be bodies coming home and when bodies come home, just remember to stay true to your country and support your country.''
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

rangerrebew

Re: Father of First Afghan War Casualty: Swapped Prisoners Killed My Son
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2014, 08:30:55 pm »
Huh!  In another article, Bill Maher stated he wondered if these 5 bearded guys were really that dangerous.  Maybe someone should try to get Johnny Spann on his show to assure Maher they can be not only dangerous, but deadly.