Author Topic: Dem donor: Wasserman Schultz an ‘irritant,’ ‘despised’ in the party  (Read 387 times)

rangerrebew

Dem donor: Wasserman Schultz an ‘irritant,’ ‘despised’ in the party
Posted on June 6, 2014 at 6:53 pm 

Miami Herald

[Ed. - The donor's eruption seems to have been prompted by a disagreement with DWS over how heavily pot should be regulated.  Who knew that corrupting the rule of law by back-door "legalizing" it would provoke fissures in Democratic solidarity?  Maybe weed does have certain uses.  Funny how people who insist on tearing down our character always end up falling on each other with fang and claw.]

Major Democratic donor John Morgan blasted the national party’s chair, U.S. Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz, as an “irritant” who is becoming “irrelevant” after she voiced concerns about a medical marijuana proposal he helped put on Florida’s ballot this November.

“I know personally the most-powerful players in Washington DC. And I can tell you that Debbie Wasserman Schultz isn’t just disliked. She’s despised. She’s an irritant,” Morgan, an outspoken Orlando trial attorney, told the Miami Herald. …

The tensions flared Friday morning after Wasserman Schultz’s office issued a statement saying she has “concerns” that the proposed constitutional amendment Morgan backs “is written too broadly and stops short of ensuring strong regulatory oversight from state officials.”

“Other states have shown that lax oversight and ease of access to prescriptions can lead to abuse, fraud, and accidents,” her statement, first reported by the Tampa Bay Times, said. “Also, given Florida’s recent history in combating the epidemic of ‘pill mills’ and dubious distinction as having among the highest incidents of fraud, I do not believe we should make it easier for those seeking to abuse the drug to have easy access to it.” …

Morgan, and medical marijuana advocates throughout the state, were taken aback by Wasserman Schultz’s comments for two major reasons: They sound like the talking points issued by the Republican-backed opponents of the initiative, and her statement appeared to pay short shrift to the Florida Supreme Court opinion that said the proposal is supposed to be limited to those with “debilitating” ailments.

Continue reading →

Read more at http://libertyunyielding.com/2014/06/06/dem-donor-wasserman-schultz-irritant-despised-party/#866gFQWiPeOyBMyc.99

Offline damile

:shrug: Gee, the American public thought she was the poster child for the normal democratic woman.  Go figure?

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

rangerrebew

:shrug: Gee, the American public thought she was the poster child for the normal democratic woman.  Go figure?

Intellectually and ethically, she is the poster child for the abnormal democratic woman.  Appearance wise, the abnormal democratic woman has Ruth Bader Ginsberg as a role model. :drunk: