Author Topic: Source: Bergdahl physically abused by Taliban  (Read 1311 times)

Offline flowers

Source: Bergdahl physically abused by Taliban
« on: June 06, 2014, 06:42:34 PM »
http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/06/politics/bowe-bergdahl-release/

(CNN) -- Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl was physically abused during his five years in Taliban captivity and is suffering from psychological trauma, a senior U.S. official told CNN on Friday.

The information bolstered the White House argument that President Barack Obama needed to move quickly to secure Bergdahl's release in a May 31 exchange for five Taliban figures held at Guantanamo Bay.

According to the official, who spoke on condition of not being identified, Bergdahl tried to escape at one point but got caught, and his captors then confined him in small enclosure described as a cage or box.

At an American military hospital in Germany where he was taken after his handover near the Afghanistan-Pakistan border, doctors said Friday he remained in stable condition and continued to

Offline flowers

Re: Source: Bergdahl physically abused by Taliban
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2014, 06:43:26 PM »
What was the abuse...to much soccer?   :smokin:

Offline flowers

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2014, 06:45:59 PM »
The information bolstered the White House argument
  So now we know just by that statement...another lie.

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2014, 06:47:38 PM »
Version Six....

:smokin:

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2014, 06:49:09 PM »
I am sure he was abused...the Taliband aren't nice guys..still doesn't take away the fact that he is a deserter in war time which is punishable by death!
Support the USO

Offline flowers

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2014, 06:57:37 PM »
Version Six....

:smokin:
  no version number 9

1. Health in danger

2. Previously consulted with congress

3. Swiftboating

4. It was an oversight, sorry

5. Platoon full of psychopaths

6. Taliban threated to kill

7. "What differences does it make?"

8.. No evidence converted to Islam, fraternized with Taliban, and declared jihad

9. He was abused.

Offline flowers

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2014, 06:58:47 PM »
I am sure he was abused...the Taliband aren't nice guys..still doesn't take away the fact that he is a deserter in war time which is punishable by death!
I am betting he wasn't abused as much as the marine in Mexico.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2014, 06:58:59 PM »

Yep.  If I walk into a lion's den, I can expect to get mauled. 

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline SlapLeather

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2014, 07:15:35 PM »

Online kevindavis

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2014, 07:26:37 PM »
My guess is this, they didn't trust him at first when he deserted..
"Last but not least, I was a Republican, a Reagan Republican. Still am. Not a Tea Party Republican. Not a Breitbart Republican. Not a talk radio or Fox News Republican. Not an isolationist, protectionist, immigrant-bashing, scapegoating, get-nothing-useful-done Republican. Not, as I am often dismissed by self-declared "real" conservatives, a RINO, Republican in Name Only. I'm a Reagan Republican, a proponent of lower taxes, less government, free markets, free trade, defense readiness, and democratic internationalism."
John McCain

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2014, 08:22:45 PM »
Like every other scandal, the Obammy crap machine is stalling, running out the clock, hoping people will forget.  And some WILL forget. 

Meanwhile, a Marine rots in a Mexican jail, while the teenagers in the White House ignore it.

You know the drill, Obammy.  How many of these illegal greaseballs do we have in jail for running guns?  Give 'em a couple back.

Oh, you say they don't WANT them back?  Then shutdown the border to their damned country until they let this guy go.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2014, 08:39:38 PM »
Watching O'Reilly and he insists that Bergdahl will never go to trial since the powers that be are setting him up for a insanity defense...
Support the USO

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2014, 08:40:29 PM »
I guess it all depends on what you mean by the term "physically abused".....

:beer:

Offline Carling

« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2014, 09:22:04 PM »
Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl was physically abused during his five years in Taliban captivity and is suffering from psychological trauma, a senior U.S. official told CNN on Friday.

HIPAA doesn't apply to members of the military? 
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline SlapLeather

« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2014, 09:25:05 PM »

When was the last time a law applied to the usurpers?

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2014, 09:38:50 PM »

It is a permissible generic statement, much as "The victim is in intensive care, her condition considered grave but stable."

No actual details have been given.

Back onto the main topic - I'd be shocked if he hadn't been abused, even if he went to them voluntarily. The Tali's REALLY don't like Westerners at all. I can also guess as to some of the physical abuse, considering their "less savory" dominance games.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2014, 10:50:21 PM »
It is a permissible generic statement, much as "The victim is in intensive care, her condition considered grave but stable."

Back onto the main topic - I'd be shocked if he hadn't been abused, even if he went to them voluntarily. The Tali's REALLY don't like Westerners at all. I can also guess as to some of the physical abuse, considering their "less savory" dominance games.

To them, he was just a more docile goat available on those cold nights in their mountain hideout.

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2014, 12:15:39 AM »

Again, it all depends upon how you define abuse.  The Obama Administration is going to paint the worst possible picture of the conditions he "endured" during his "captivity".  They are in the process of building a narrative of their liking.  They find one piece of crap that sticks to the wall when they throw it hard enough, and then they build on that and keep going. 

Democrats always overreach on things like this because like Rahm told us, "Never waste a good crisis", but it takes a great deal of finesse and skill to do it properly, and all you have in the White House these days are Porgy and Mudhead.....

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2014, 12:41:12 AM »
Again, it all depends upon how you define abuse.  The Obama Administration is going to paint the worst possible picture of the conditions he "endured" during his "captivity".  They are in the process of building a narrative of their liking.  They find one piece of crap that sticks to the wall when they throw it hard enough, and then they build on that and keep going. 

Democrats always overreach on things like this because like Rahm told us, "Never waste a good crisis", but it takes a great deal of finesse and skill to do it properly, and all you have in the White House these days are Porgy and Mudhead.....

Having tried the "we feared for his health/life" line, the WH pretty much has to over draw any abuse or hardships. They are the ones who started painting the floor and wound up in the corner on this, and it's pretty much the only way out for them.

Anyone who has dealt with Pashto knows it is going to be BS - and they were the ones holding him for most of the 5 years. Nasty sods who fight like hell and have zero idea of the concept of quitting, don't get me wrong, but the video of his release shows a lot of marks of respect for Bergdahl. Little things, mainly.

He was dressed all in white and the clothing looked very new, traditionally a sign of respect given to new grooms or the dead (I can relate to that convergence some days!). He was both clean shaven and his hair cut in the military manner - both things forbidden to most Pashtuns and nothing they would think of forbidding any other than an honored guest from doing.

But apart from a very few people, little people who can be readily ignored by politicians and the media, who is going to know this?

There will be problems, depending how he were kept. He's certainly going to have the shits for a few weeks while his body adjusts to the new diet - you've been there, done that when you got back into port on leave! If he was kept up in the mountains, which seems to be the case, he's going to have both heart and blood pressure problems for a while until his blood "thins out" again. After 5 years in a completely strange environment, fully immersed, he's going to have problems adjusting to western cultural norms and social cues again.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

SPQR

« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2014, 12:54:22 AM »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf