Author Topic: Obama served up lesson in leadership at Warsaw banquet  (Read 604 times)

Offline Relic

Obama served up lesson in leadership at Warsaw banquet
« on: June 06, 2014, 07:14:31 pm »
(Reuters) - When Lech Walesa, the man whose Solidarity movement helped bring down the Iron Curtain, found himself sitting across from Barack Obama at a banquet in the Polish capital on Tuesday evening, he offered the younger man a piece of advice.

"I said that I wished the United States would lead," Walesa told Polish television about the encounter, which he said was not so much an upbraiding of the U.S. president as an "interesting" encounter.

Obama was at the banquet at Warsaw's Royal Castle to celebrate the 25th anniversary of Poland's first partially-free elections, which ended the Communist Party's domination and ushered in democratic rule.

true  Walesa, 70, did not go into details about what he had said to Obama, but he had previously said the Obama White House was not being sufficiently muscular in response to Russian interventions in Ukraine and other threats to world peace.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/06/04/us-obama-walesa-dinner-idUSKBN0EF25Y20140604

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
Re: Obama served up lesson in leadership at Warsaw banquet
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2014, 09:37:30 pm »
Walesa is a man who is imminently qualified to discuss Leadership, but his knowledge and skill is wasted on that audience......

rangerrebew

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2014, 10:18:44 pm »
Walesa doesn't understand the power of "leading from behind."  He's old school. :whistle:

Offline Relic

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2014, 10:26:47 pm »
I found it interesting that this was in Reuters.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2014, 10:37:54 pm »
Obama probably just sat there thinking, "Who is this guy?" - "Oh!  Ice Cream!"

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!