Author Topic: The REAL Reason Behind Obama's Bergdahl-Taliban Swap!  (Read 618 times)

Offline katzenjammer

The REAL Reason Behind Obama's Bergdahl-Taliban Swap!
« on: June 06, 2014, 06:37:34 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTILG9Ha8Q0

Not sure if this guy has all the details right, but the overall theme seems about right to me.

This is all about emptying out and closing down Gitmo.

That was the big take-away I got from Rice's Sunday show appearances (the "served with honor and distinction" line was a throwaway), if you remember what you heard Rice saying on CNN on Sunday morning to Candy Crowley, so matter of factly, something along the lines of "of course we need to release of ALL of the Gitmo detainees, it *has* to be shut down, it *is* a threat to our national security...."

IMO, that was the purpose of her 2 sunday show appearances, that is the message that was her task to start (once again, for the home stretch) to plant...

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Re: The REAL Reason Behind Obama's Bergdahl-Taliban Swap!
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2014, 07:22:11 pm »
Sure, shut it down, if there is any country willing to take the sods.

I would expect each inmate to be given a full medical work up, which should include being chipped. After all, no sense in having to look for them again to drone them. I'd be rather surprised if that had not been done already.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline IZZY ANN

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2014, 07:55:17 pm »
GREAT find, Katz.

It makes sense.

A "get captured" plan inspired by the Father and carried out by the Son. A swap plan in the making for over 5 years just waiting for the right time for Obama to carry out. A father that was more interested in seeing the release of the Gitmo detainees than his son's release from the Taliban.

It also fits right into the soldier's required silence under a non disclosure agreement and Hasting's accident and FBI surveillance after his 2009 Rolling Stone story on Bergdahl.

The agenda, all along ......CLOSING GITMO!!!!!!!

Oceander

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2014, 02:03:25 am »

I would expect each inmate to be given a full medical work up, which should include being chipped. After all, no sense in having to look for them again to drone them. I'd be rather surprised if that had not been done already.

The idea of chipping is rather seductive (assuming one could solve the problems of the chip being removed by another surgeon); however, I would really rather not give the government a taste of the power it can have over an individual once that individual's been chipped:  before you know it, newborns will have to be chipped in order to "protect" them so they can be found if they get lost or are kidnapped.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2014, 02:58:15 am »
I am in favor of chipping confirmed terrorists, illegal immigrants before they are deported, and violent criminals. There are ways to prevent the chips being removed, too. That's just me though.

I get what you mean though - some schools already issue students an RFID badge that they must wear at all times and it is a violation of privacy.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline olde north church

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2014, 12:05:13 pm »
The idea of chipping is rather seductive (assuming one could solve the problems of the chip being removed by another surgeon); however, I would really rather not give the government a taste of the power it can have over an individual once that individual's been chipped:  before you know it, newborns will have to be chipped in order to "protect" them so they can be found if they get lost or are kidnapped.

Don't you recall the big fingerprinting drives of the mid-90's, I guess it was.  Kid's were fingerprinted, en masse, in order to track them in the event of kidnapping?
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2014, 12:33:19 pm »

Recalling a movie when I was just a lad....where prisoners were fitted with a metal neck brace which was no only impossible to remove, but should you wander past the set perimeter....BOOM, your head blows off.

That was over 50 years ago....so, I'm sure these chaps are chipped and tracked.

if they're not, then somebody is not doing their fullest to protect us.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald