Author Topic: Charles Krauthammer backs Bowe Bergdahl deal  (Read 360 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Charles Krauthammer backs Bowe Bergdahl deal
« on: June 05, 2014, 08:22:42 pm »
http://www.freerepublic.com/tag/*/index?tab=articles

Charles Krauthammer backs Bowe Bergdahl deal
By: Kendall Breitman
June 5, 2014 08:33 AM EDT

Charles Krauthammer says he supports President Barack Obama’s deal to bring Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl home.

“Had the choice been mine I would have made the same choice,” Krauthammer told Fox News’ “Special Report” on Wednesday. “It’s a difficult decision, and I would not attack those who have done otherwise.”

Krauthammer said those in the West “put a value on the individual human life the way that the ones at the other end of the table don’t,” specifically citing an example in which Israelis had to release 1,000 terrorists in exchange for one sergeant who had been taken captive.

“These are dangerous militants, but we have long engaged in and all other countries in the West have engaged in hostage swaps where the West always comes out on the short end,” Krauthammer said.

The conservative commentator also argued that claims about whether Bergdahl had deserted are making people more critical of Obama’s decision to release the five Guantánamo detainees and Krauthammer told Fox host Bret Baier to “assume that this had been somebody who had served honorably.”

“It would still be a very difficult decision to release five commanders in return,” Krauthammer said. “But I think people would say ‘Tough call, but OK.’”
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline musiclady

Re: Charles Krauthammer backs Bowe Bergdahl deal
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2014, 10:25:12 pm »
Sorry, Charles, but you're wrong on this one.   **nononono*
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline flowers

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2014, 03:25:20 pm »
I quit listening to Charles seriously years ago.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2014, 03:29:30 pm »
Sorry, Charles, but you're wrong on this one.   **nononono*

Very wrong!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien