Author Topic: Speculation Builds on Michelle Obama Senate Run  (Read 778 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Speculation Builds on Michelle Obama Senate Run
« on: June 06, 2014, 12:00:31 am »
http://www.nbcchicago.com/blogs/ward-room/Speculation-Builds-on-Michelle-Obama-Senate-Run-262032821.html

Speculation Builds on Michelle Obama Senate Run
First Lady could be positioning herself for a run at Mark Kirk's seat in 2016
By Ward Room Staff
|  Thursday, Jun 5, 2014  |  Updated 5:00 PM CDT

FLOTUS for Senate?

It wasn't that long ago that such a slogan would seem absurd, but political wags are beginning to wonder whether Michelle Obama is mulling a run for Illinois Sen. Mark Kirk's seat in 2016.

A Thursday column in Reuters suggests that Obama would be the only candidate with a large enough profile to unseat the Republican.

The column also points to Obama's recent willingness to debate the merits of her school lunch program with Republicans, a trip to China, fundraising and her stance on the kidnapped Nigerian school girls as other signs that her tone is turning more political.

It's not the first time Obama has been mentioned as a potential senatorial candidate, but that speculation has always focused beyond 2016. And the First Lady herself has never publicly indicated any interest in seeking political office.

But just like a senator named Barack Obama who decided to run for president in 2008 when many thought he should wait his turn, politics are often about timing.

She would quickly become the most recognizable face in the Senate. Her fame and fundraising ability would command deference in a body that normally operates on seniority. Whether the recent elevation of her profile suggests a plan to run is unclear, but she will be well positioned should she jump in. -- Reuters

There's also that 2012 Public Polling Policy survey showing the first lady picking up 51 percent of the vote against Kirk's 40 percent if they were to run.

Your move, FLOTUS.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Speculation Builds on Michelle Obama Senate Run
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2014, 12:01:01 am »
I'll slash my wrists if this happens....
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2014, 12:11:18 am »
8 years of Hillary and then 8 years of the Wookie.

That is what the Democrats are planning.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2014, 12:29:41 am »
Illinois deserves Moose.  They have at leas three governors in jail and own that festering sore known as Chicago....

:smokin:

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2014, 12:42:18 am »
Illinois deserves Moose.  They have at leas three governors in jail and own that festering sore known as Chicago....

:smokin:

No we don't....most of Il is conservative..it's Chicago and East St Louis who elects our officials and there is no way Moose face would lose in Il....
Support the USO

Oceander

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2014, 12:51:28 am »
well, the stupidity of voters knows no bounds.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2014, 01:43:51 am »
Makes sense. The royal families must be maintained at all costs.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Relic

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2014, 01:49:01 am »
I'll slash my wrists if this happens....

Be careful.

Offline xfreeper

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2014, 03:06:42 am »
 She would quickly become the most recognizable face in the Senate. Her fame and fundraising ability would command deference in a body that normally operates on seniority.

Wouldn't it be quaint to have a legislative body where brains and capability were meaningful

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2014, 03:24:02 am »
yes, of course, based on her qualifications. of course. No race stuff involved here. No way! Just like her husband was not elected on his half-race. Nope. Has nothing to do with it.

I wonder how she would feel, knowing that she is only elected as a 'novelty'. (i.e., a freak) She need only ask her (supposed) husband.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline rb224315

• Custom Title goes here
  • Personal Text goes here
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2014, 04:36:18 am »
I would hope that Obamacare alone would cause people not to vote for The Mooch for pres.  Maybe all of the kids she's tried to starve during the school day--and who will be of age to vote by then--will have bright memories of the stupidity she foisted on school cafeterias across the country.
rb224315:  just another "Creepy-ass Cracka".