Author Topic: Exclusive: HUD Official Apologizes For Tweets Critical Of Bergdahl’s Unit  (Read 241 times)

Offline flowers

http://www.buzzfeed.com/evanmcsan/exclusive-hud-official-apologizes-for-tweets-critical-of-ber

WASHINGTON — An official at the department of Housing And Urban Development apologized Thursday to service members and the Obama administration after his tweets suggesting there could be questions about the military records of former platoon mates of Bowe Bergdahl came under criticism.

“While I just wanted to make the point that the public should wait before passing judgment, I unfortunately used my own poor judgment in choosing inappropriate language that many view as disparaging to U.S. service members,” said Brandon Friedman, deputy assistant secretary of public affairs at HUD. “That was certainly not my intent and I regret making the comments on my personal account in such a way. I apologize to those with whom I work in the administration, at HUD, and, most importantly, to any service members who took offense.”

In a series of tweets Wednesday night, Friedman called growing dismissal of Bergdahl as a “traitor” by some administration critics as “premature.” He then went on to suggest that some who served with Bergdahl and are now criticizing him in the media could be trying to cover up their own failings.

“Here’s the thing about Bergdahl and the Jump-to-Conclusions mats,” Friedman