Author Topic: Should Obama Brag That He Got (Compelled) Millions To Buy A Product?  (Read 266 times)

rangerrebew

Should Obama Brag That He Got (Compelled) Millions To Buy A Product?

4 June 2014 / 4 Comments

Before President Obama took office, the federal government left Americans free to buy only those products or services they chose to buy. Under Obamacare, however, that has changed. For the first time in our nation’s 200-plus-year history, the federal government now compels private American citizens to buy a product or service of the government’s choosing — namely, Obamacare-compliant health insurance — merely as a condition of living in the United States. The question is, did this unprecedented level of coercion fuel enrollment in the Obamacare exchanges?  Recent polling suggests that it did.

The polling in question was conducted for Enroll America by PerryUndem.  Politico writes that Enroll America was “was dreamed up by liberal advocates of the health care law” and is “employing political campaign tactics” to spark Obamacare enrollment.  It’s headed by Anne Filipic, a former White House official and Obama campaign staffer.  In other words, this isn’t a right-wing poll.

The poll asked those who bought Obamacare-compliant insurance to list the reasons why they bought it, offering 15 potential responses.  The first and third most-common responses were (first) “It’s the law” (36 percent) and (third) “I didn’t want to pay the fine” (34 percent).  Comparatively, only 23 percent picked “I wanted insurance for my family,” and only 19 percent picked “I could afford a plan.”

The fine was even more important in ensnaring the young, who are forced to pay artificially inflated premiums under Obamacare.  The poll writes, “Avoiding the fine was more important to young adults (18-29),” as 42 percent of them gave that as a reason for enrolling.  The mandate also “mattered more to Latinos,” as 41 percent of Latinos “say a reason they enrolled was because ‘it’s the law.’”

In all, the poll writes, “Individuals enrolled for many reasons, particularly the law/fine.”  It adds, “As many as 40% indicate they might not have enrolled without the mandate.”

Read More:  http://www.weeklystandard.com/

Read more at http://minutemennews.com/2014/06/obama-brag-got-compelled-millions-buy-product/#PhK6iSWF5tLStUmM.99